Tornado in Oak Cliff/Dallas County/Tarrant County/Ellis County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
    Tornado Rule #1: You cannot predict the path of a Tornado. If you are in a situation where you are too close, do not try and outrun it. Evaluate and seek shelter immediately. Luckily for the drivers in that video the tornado wasn't keeping shape. Had it been of F-series registration those cars would not have stayed.
    I am not sure what it was at that point but just a couple of more blocks east the National Weather Service is rating it an EF2. It intensifies significantly just from the beginning of the video until it comes out from behind the tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by SEB View Post
      Well the storm just missed my place in Royce City by 300 hundred yards, It took half the shingles off my neighbors roof next to me & took all his under pinning out from around the trailer. The house next to him it really trashed, It demolished half of that house completely. You can see the roof studs & on Poutry Rd right behind my house it took out a bunch of houses!

I feel extremelly lucky my RV was spared. Of course I do have insurance on it & looking at buying a singlewide for my place so the kids dont have to sleep in the living room. I kinda wished it had taken my place instead of some of my neighbors. The place looks like a war zone
      Yep, I thought of you when I saw the path. Was less than a mile from me, yards for you!
      Laci Ln right up the street got hit pretty bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        That first vid is better than most of the stuff on storm chasers.
        Agreed. He took that vid about a mile south of my place. Scared the shit out of the wife. She spent the whole time in the closet with our son. Seeing that video now is a little unnerving.

Comment

• Reed Timmer from Storm Chasers saw my video via tweeter and contacted me direct about using it on his website and marketing it for me. I signed a contract with him and now it is up on his website and You Tube channel. Not long after I got an email that they sold it to the Weather Channel and now it is up on their site twice. Once is the video itself and the other is Dr. Forbes analyzing it and explaining what is happening. Pretty cool to me since Storm Chasers was one of my favorite shows.

http://www.weather.com/weather/video...c=62/436/26806

Comment

• Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
            Reed Timmer from Storm Chasers saw my video via tweeter and contacted me direct about using it on his website and marketing it for me. I signed a contract with him and now it is up on his website and You Tube channel. Not long after I got an email that they sold it to the Weather Channel and now it is up on their site twice. Once is the video itself and the other is Dr. Forbes analyzing it and explaining what is happening. Pretty cool to me since Storm Chasers was one of my favorite shows.

http://www.weather.com/weather/video...c=62/436/26806
            Hope you got paid. A friend of mine son in law has been banking on his photos and video from Lancaster- CNN, Dallas Morning News, WFAA....

Comment

• Bad ass video!

Comment

• Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
                Finally got my video uploaded to Photo Bucket. It's taken on Southbound 287 just south of I-20 in Kennedale.
                Great video!

Comment

Working...
                X