No announcement yet.

Tornado in Oak Cliff/Dallas County/Tarrant County/Ellis County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I hadnt heard it was that bad. I talked to my daughter, she was at the school west of UHL rd. They held all the kids late for safety, im glad of it.

Comment

• Haven't heard any reports on lives lost, and I hope that I don't hear of any! Hopefully we, as a community, made it out with only minor injuries...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Haven't heard any reports on lives lost, and I hope that I don't hear of any! Hopefully we, as a community, made it out with only minor injuries...
        Yeah I'm really shocked about that too. When the first alert came on TV about the storm near Joshua/Burleson there was nothing on the radar near Red Oak/Ovilla. I walked to the kitchen to make a sandwich and when I got back to the TV about 5 minutes later the Red Oak storm had blown up out of thin air and was already spinning up a Tornado. By the time Red Oak, Ovilla, and Glenn Heights activated the sirens the tornado was already DEEP into Lancaster. Either it was moving pretty fast...or whoever is in charge of setting off the sirens was asleep.

Comment

• Well, that was great fun today. Got to see the Forney twister develop, come within a 1/2-3/4 of a mile of my house as it decided where it was going.

I think that was the most scared I have ever been. Time to bust out the Wild Turkey.....
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

• Average was about 35mph from what I was hearing. That's pretty damned fast!

And I was pretty scared without seeing any. Thankful that I didn't.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
              Haven't heard any reports on lives lost, and I hope that I don't hear of any! Hopefully we, as a community, made it out with only minor injuries...
              The last report I heard was zero casualties total, and only 3 injured in Arlington.

Comment

• From coppell
                Everyone at work lost either a windshield/back window/sunroof or all 3, hail was putting holes thru peoples body panels too... FML

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  Im not sure if you're being funny or whining, but if someone is going to fix peoples cars, might as well be me!
                  That's fine, but you're putting more importance on your wallet than you are on fellow members.

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                  Fixed for ya Sean. When ya got a family to eat, you try and feed them.

But, you know this!
                  I have no problem with hustle, but posting up when people are still running for cover is opportunism.

Defined: the art, policy, or practice of taking advantage of opportunities or circumstances often with little regard for principles or consequences

Capitalism defined: an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

Free market capitalism generally has solid ethics where opportunism doesn't. Facebook was filled with whores trying to sell their services while people were posting that they were taking cover.

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                  Actually, it's not profiting off the families that just lost so much. It's actually offering services that the insurance companies are going to be paying for, and offering to do work that is going to have to be done regardless.

But thanks for your usual dick headed response.

And I haven't seen your offer to step in and help clean up. Care to do so now?
                  The insurance companies will offer and pay for the services once the shitstorm is over, so it is profiting. Again, I don't necessarily disagree with the hustle but taste is a matter of timing in this situation.

Comment

• Finally got my video uploaded to Photo Bucket. It's taken on Southbound 287 just south of I-20 in Kennedale.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmh165638 View Post
                      Finally got my video uploaded to Photo Bucket. It's taken on Southbound 287 just south of I-20 in Kennedale.

Holy FUCK BRO!!! LITTLE TO FUCKING CLOSE TO COMFORT FOR ME!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by aCid View Post
                        I bet that dude at the front of the line needs a new seat cover. That's pretty incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          I bet that dude at the front of the line needs a new seat cover. That's pretty incredible.
                          No shit dude, I would of turned around or put that bitch in reverse and hauled ass.

Comment

• damn dude, youre too calm given the situation. nice footage. lol at the dumbass who took off like he had a shot at beating the tornado. i like he stopped immediately and just pulled over.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              That freaked me out just seeing it...glad nobody was hurt, but damn that was close

Comment

• I thought I was to close so I put it in reverse but looked in the rear view mirror and there was a wall of stopped cars behind me so nowhere to go. As it crosses the road it seems to hook to the left and come back a little so I jam it in gear and haul ass. I have a short vid of me trying to get clear and showing the damaged houses on the east side of 287.

Comment

Working...
                                X