Harshly worded letter from SC trooper raises concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Hell, now I'm curious. DO you drive a Prius?
    Does it matter that much what I drive ? Is it a pissing contest on cars? some of you guys are like third graders when a legitimate discussion breaks out. I should have known better...
    I've posted pics of some of the rides I've BUILT on here. Go look up my old posts if you really care that much....
    And some of them are over at the old place if that site is still around...
    Last edited by dcs13; 04-02-2012, 04:37 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      Ok, valid points. But look at those cases. They are older cases when DNA was not available. These people were convicted based on eye-witness testimony in most cases... Point is, they were dealing the best they could with what was available at the time. (witnesses). I bet 95% of these suspects had other criminal records... Sucks for the people wrongly convicted. They need to be compensated in some fashion.
      Now, people are wrongly convicted in the media before any trial...
      Still not convincing me to be worried about this deal. It's a letter, get over it.
      I couldn't care less about the letter. You said that if you have done nothing wrong that you have nothing to fear from the police. That simply isn't true. You should always look out for your own interests when dealing with the police or anyone else in government because humans aren't infallible. If you don't guard yourself then you are a fool.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
        I never thought that I would be agreeing with Forever_frost. I whole heartedly agree with every word you just said.
        I have my moments of clarity.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I couldn't care less about the letter. You said that if you have done nothing wrong that you have nothing to fear from the police. That simply isn't true. You should always look out for your own interests when dealing with the police or anyone else in government because humans aren't infallible. If you don't guard yourself then you are a fool.
          Again,post 15 I indicated that I have no issues asserting my rights if the need arose. It's all about being educated about your rights. If you understand the code of criminal procedure, state and local laws, and search and seizure law, you can handle yourself fine. But you're right, some guys in here should just keep their mouth shut all the time when johnny law even sys hi to them.

Comment

Personally, nothing there, go right ahead search the whole car, here's the keys. BUT if I had something to hide I'd say get a warrant. And yes I understand the Carroll rule (vehicles are mobile and CAn be exempt from warrant requirement..Google it for some education)...Sorry, I'm a little more informed than the average joe, BUT if I can take a line from here " don't break the law asshole"...and you have nothing to worry about
            This is what you said. "If you have nothing to hide, here's the keys." You're an idiot. And if you drive a Prius you deserve to have the thing searched for pot and other hippy paraphernalia

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              This is what you said. "If you have nothing to hide, here's the keys." You're an idiot. And if you drive a Prius you deserve to have the thing searched for pot and other hippy paraphernalia
              If I know NOTHING is in there, I don't care...That's not how I lead my life. I believe if you do the right thing and treat people right, you will do fine. Drugs are stupid. You wanna smoke out, do coke, whatever, you're a fool and you get what's coming. That's probably why people are so worried about getting their car searched. Cause they know that cop is gonna find a seed on the floorboard or whatever else they "forgot" was in there...Hell of a way to go through life, always wondering, is that cop gonna get me ??? Yeah, hell of a life there.

Comment

Does it matter that much what I drive ? Is it a pissing contest on cars? some of you guys are like third graders when a legitimate discussion breaks out. I should have known better...
                I've posted pics of some of the rides I've BUILT on here. Go look up my old posts if you really care that much....
                And some of them are over at the old place if that site is still around...
                So, is that a no? I'm confused. Did you build a Prius?
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

And if you drive a Prius you deserve to have the thing searched for pot and other hippy paraphernalia
                  From the looks of your previous posts, you like the new Challengers...If you really must know, that's my daily driver...And yes they are the only retro muscle that "looks right" I will agree with you there. Do you need a picture now to make you feel better?

Comment

From the looks of your previous posts, you like the new Challengers...If you really must know, that's my daily driver...And yes they are the only retro muscle that "looks right" I will agree with you there. Do you need a picture now to make you feel better?
                    Challengers ARE beautiful and amazing machines. You however, are still willing to give up your rights to a badge. If you have nothing to hide, do you have any problem with an officer looking through your house? I mean, you have nothing to hide right? Sie würden nicht sich verstecken die Juden würden Sie empfehlen?

Comment

I have absolutely nothing to hide either, but you still aren't searching my car without a warrant.

Comment

Challengers ARE beautiful and amazing machines. You however, are still willing to give up your rights to a badge. If you have nothing to hide, do you have any problem with an officer looking through your house? I mean, you have nothing to hide right? Sie würden nicht sich verstecken die Juden würden Sie empfehlen?
                        Nothing to hide there,BUT no one comes in the casa...

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          I have absolutely nothing to hide either, but you still aren't searching my car without a warrant.
                          In my old age I get paranoid, and there are plenty of documented cases of police planting evidence. How many are NOT caught? I'd rather just keep them away if at all possible.

I'd rather it be a perfect world and not have to worry about them looking.

Then again, admittedly I've not been asked to allow my vehicle to be searched - since I was 17.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Nothing to hide there,BUT no one comes in the casa...
                            You evidently haven't heard about the cops putting ground up drywall in a car and calling it drugs and seizing the car. Heard of asset seizure laws?

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              In my old age I get paranoid, and there are plenty of documented cases of police planting evidence. How many are NOT caught? I'd rather just keep them away if at all possible.

I'd rather it be a perfect world and not have to worry about them looking.

Then again, admittedly I've not been asked to allow my vehicle to be searched - since I was 17.
                              Same here. I've never given consent despite the "If you have nothing to hide" line.

Comment

You evidently haven't heard about the cops putting ground up drywall in a car and calling it drugs and seizing the car. Heard of asset seizure laws?
                                That would be chapter 59 of the Texas CCP, what would you like to know...I could teach a class on that. Would you be referring to the DPD cases or the Frisco case?

Comment

Working...
                                X