More than one ton of marijuana seized in Parker County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one ton of marijuana seized in Parker County

PARKER COUNTY - Parker County Sheriff's deputies seized more than one ton of marijuana Thursday from a tractor trailer at a truck stop off of Interstate-20, they announced in a press release.

Sheriff Larry Fowler said while at the truck stop, a deputy noticed an incomplete weld on a load that was on a truck in the parking lot. The deputy inspected the load with a K-9 unit, which gave a positive alert for drugs.

Weatherford firefighters and the Weatherford-Parker County Special Crimes Unit were called in to assist in cutting the metal containers the marijuana was found in. The containers were made to look like rock rakes used in highway construction.

Officers found nearly one-and-a-half tons of marijuana in the tubes.

An investigation found the driver picked up his load in El Paso after it had come through customs. They believe the driver was unaware of the marijuana and was headed for the East Coast.

"This is a prime example of what lengths the Mexican drug cartels will go to in order to smuggle drugs into our country," Fowler said.

The drugs seized Thursday are valued at approximately $7.5 million.

The investigation is on-going.

Just think if that were taxed at 100% how much it would benefit the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      ...and how much money would have been saved not having to call police/firefighters/DOT/DEA that could have been used on something that is actually harmful to society.
      .223 > 911

Comment

They come in pre-rolled joints!
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile somewhere else in Texas shipments of cocaine made it safely to its final destination.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I bet more than half that weight is the steel...
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Ohhh faaaakkkkk
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

thats almost as much as that MAJOR TCU drug bust.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Free the weed and Cap'n Crunch sales will go up close to one million %. Just sayin'. I would invest in PepsiCo like a gawd damn boss.

Comment

How does it get through customs, make it to weatherford, then a deputy notices an incomplete weld and makes the bust ?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                        ...and how much money would have been saved not having to call police/firefighters/DOT/DEA that could have been used on something that is actually harmful to society.
                        Get tha fuck outta here with that SOUND LOGIC!

So did we win the war? So no more weed will come into the U.S. and the traffickers are broke now, right? -Phew!

I don't know about you guys but I feel much safer.

Seriously though, this country is so pathetic, we have to illegally import a WEED......wtf? Grow your own, and this shit will be history.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          Free the weed and Cap'n Crunch sales will go up close to one million %. Just sayin'. I would invest in PepsiCo like a gawd damn boss.
                          Fruity Pebbles FTW
                          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Armijo View Post
                            How does it get through customs, make it to weatherford, then a deputy notices an incomplete weld and makes the bust ?!?!?
                            Have you ever been in weatherford?? Nothing much to do out there for law enforcement. Plus I'm sure the Mexican truck driver was a big tipoff.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Honestly every time I've driven through Weatherford and I see someone pulled over it's usually a Mexican LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X