2007-2012 Tahoe longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-2012 Tahoe longevity

What is the normal life span on a 2007-2012 Tahoe? I am debating between a nicely loaded 08' with 70k miles on it or a LS model 2012 with after market leather upgrade. We have an 01' that has 148k miles on it and it runs very strong. Are the new platforms just as strong, and have good life expectancy with the powertrains? I had heard the LS1 based truck motors have seen 200k miles pretty regularly and wondered what can be expected from the newer platforms?

I don't foresee them making it pass December 21st.

Comment

Are you wanting to unload your 01?
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The Suburban platflorm is Chevy's bread and butter.
        We had a 2002, bought it new, sold it in 2011, no major problems, just didn't need a large SUV anymore. The LS engine design is bullet proof as long as it's maintained.
        I work for a City and we have several of the new body Tahoes as police vehicles. The cops say they're better than the Crown Vics, no major problems, other than the police shit they add to them.
        sigpic
        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Not unload.....as in sell for dfwmustanger's rate lol But yes I will be getting it cleaned/detailed, carpets shampooed and leather cleaned.

Comment

Damn Brad, did you hit the lottery? Talking about buying new vehicles, flying to Disney land, etc.

You might want to fix that toof before you blow all the money...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Damn Brad, did you hit the lottery? Talking about buying new vehicles, flying to Disney land, etc.

You might want to fix that toof before you blow all the money...
              Dave Ramsey works

Comment

The 4x4's had transfer case issues but other than that they are solid platforms.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                  Not unload.....as in sell for dfwmustanger's rate lol But yes I will be getting it cleaned/detailed, carpets shampooed and leather cleaned.
                  Let me know how much when you decide on a price.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Let me know how much when you decide on a price.
                    Is your Expy being laid to rest?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Is your Expy being laid to rest?
                      Possibly. I'm having head gasket trouble. Never hurts to have a back up either. And I can buy 5-6 backups for the price of a new one.

As many miles as I drive, it just doesn't make sense to buy new. ANY vehicle has almost no value after 2 years with the miles I drive.

Comment

My mom has an 08 Yukon with 85k or so on it and has had minimal issues, I think it might have had one or two nit picky issues fixed under warranty. We have several 07-08 gas engine chevy trucks at work with the 6.0 with 150-210k hard miles and no major engine or tranny problems so I wouldn't hesitate on running a tahoe that far.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Possibly. I'm having head gasket trouble. Never hurts to have a back up either. And I can buy 5-6 backups for the price of a new one.

As many miles as I drive, it just doesn't make sense to buy new. ANY vehicle has almost no value after 2 years with the miles I drive.
                          Yea, it sounds like you drive way too much to even bother with a new car.

Sucks about the expy. I am keeping my fingers crossed with mine. It just went over the 260k mark.

Comment

I have an 08 Tahoe Z71 model with about 55k miles....I've had a problems starting it sometimes...but I was told its a problem with the fuel pump and fuel preassure, it averages about 15mpg on highway but maybe because of the big wheels that are on it....other than that just be ready to be replacing rear license plate lights every 6 months. for some reason mine dont last that long!
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                              I have an 08 Tahoe Z71 model with about 55k miles....I've had a problems starting it sometimes...but I was told its a problem with the fuel pump and fuel preassure, it averages about 15mpg on highway but maybe because of the big wheels that are on it....other than that just be ready to be replacing rear license plate lights every 6 months. for some reason mine dont last that long!
                              when i read this, this came to mind. skip to 3:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X