Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone sell their house if they own 85% of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Houses don't have titles like cars. If it's in his will with an 85/15 split they will both be required to sign.
    Exactly. Doesn't matter who owns how much, if they are both owners of the property there has to be consent from both parties with pretty much everything related to the property.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
      so whats stopping you from moving in the house with her still there and trying to run her off?? its your house right?
      Courts are stopping me. There is this thigh called a life estate. She owns none of the house, never paid a dime on it,yet because she was living there with my father when he died she now gets to stay there. If I would have been living there at the time things would have been different but since I lived in a different house, that I was renting at the time, she gets sole use if it.

Not kidding about any of it. 15,000 in lawyer fees on top of it trying to fight and my lawyer, the mediator and a research lawyer all said I would go broke fighting it. She also got couple hundred grand in insurance money to fight it it needed. I didn't have the means to fight,money wise.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
        Courts are stopping me. There is this thigh called a life estate. She owns none of the house, never paid a dime on it,yet because she was living there with my father when he died she now gets to stay there. If I would have been living there at the time things would have been different but since I lived in a different house, that I was renting at the time, she gets sole use if it.

Not kidding about any of it. 15,000 in lawyer fees on top of it trying to fight and my lawyer, the mediator and a research lawyer all said I would go broke fighting it. She also got couple hundred grand in insurance money to fight it it needed. I didn't have the means to fight,money wise.
        could you not have someone rent another house and "homestead" it in her name? then "legally" she doesnt live there anymore

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
          could you not have someone rent another house and "homestead" it in her name? then "legally" she doesnt live there anymore
          If he was going to do something illegal he would have just gone over there long ago and thrown her shit in the street. He as spent alot of time and money dealing with that bitch who seems to enjoy making his life more difficult.

Comment

Working...
          X