8 Second Mustang from New Mexico to Florida True Steet adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Second Mustang from New Mexico to Florida True Steet adventure

This was a thread on YellowBullet about Randy Seward's 4000 mile True Street mustang adventure.This article gives the cliff notes of the trip. Hats off to this guy ..

57-year old Randy Seward may not wear a suit of gadget-infested armor or run, bike, and swim ungodly distances in succession, but what he's accomplished is nothing short of surreal in the drag racing world and worthy of the term Ironman. Read the story of his 4,000 mile trek in an 8-second Mustang right here.

Real street cars have AC !!!!

That is badass. Kneegrow , I will drive my shit 2000 miles, bust your ass and then drive 2000 miles back home. Big time bragging rights !!!
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Thats freaking awsome right there!

Comment

i don't get what he was accomplishing with the zip ties off the FUEL LINE

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          Holding the alt after bolt broke ..

Comment

Hell I would be nervous driving my 14 second mustang to florida and back, LOL. Big giant balls, this guy has them!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Nice!!!!
              One day at a time.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Cool story. He obviously has done all the work himself. That is the only way I would try something like that and have the confidence it wouldn't fall apart and I wouldn't be able to fix it. My Cobra is nowhere near an 8sec ride but I would love to drive it on a nice long road trip.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Those big ass tires make it look tough as shit.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

big deal.

all this is is an example of the old comment, "foxbody with 20k in mods would beat it" actually built to real life. brooks and many others could do the same thing given the proper oppurtunities. it is simply not that custom of a build and could be duplicated by so many that its laughable. im not saying the guy isnt a straight up pimp.... but the car is not is not that special. honestly im starting to get tired of all these turbo cars going around being stupid fast with such relative ease(not just mustangs) that it is making anyone with less than 20psi look like a pussy or a broke ass busted bitch. the new 5.0 mustangs are just now starting to do the same as well. hpp's car is a prime example. stockmotor+e85and boost=8 second 1/4mile. oh well at least it aint a damn diesel.

Comment

I remember reading the thread on yellowbullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                          big deal.

all this is is an example of the old comment, "foxbody with 20k in mods would beat it" actually built to real life. brooks and many others could do the same thing given the proper oppurtunities. it is simply not that custom of a build and could be duplicated by so many that its laughable. im not saying the guy isnt a straight up pimp.... but the car is not is not that special. honestly im starting to get tired of all these turbo cars going around being stupid fast with such relative ease(not just mustangs) that it is making anyone with less than 20psi look like a pussy or a broke ass busted bitch. the new 5.0 mustangs are just now starting to do the same as well. hpp's car is a prime example. stockmotor+e85and boost=8 second 1/4mile. oh well at least it aint a damn diesel.
                          Alot of people can bench race and say ( I could do that, big deal) and there are people on this site that probably could. The difference is he did it. He has logged many miles and true street wins with this car.The dude is a total bad ass ...

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            No time to read captions?

Comment

Seward is a good guy, great competitor and has set the bar for a true street car. I know there are faster guys in the NMRA True Street, but there isn't a one if them thag has done that (logged the miles to/from the event) and accomplished what he has.

Comment

Working...
                              X