Hunting Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Question??

I'm wondering if there are places in Texas that you can rent a lease for a certain period of time, or do you have to buy land? Not sure how it works, but im looking for a present for my fiance.

Any help would be appreciated. I have googled and cant seem to find shit.
    See you later...

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
    I'm wondering if there are places in Texas that you can rent a lease for a certain period of time, or do you have to buy land? Not sure how it works, but im looking for a present for my fiance.

Any help would be appreciated. I have googled and cant seem to find shit.
    Yes, there are hunting leases all over TX. What does he like to hunt? That will determine the area.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Yes, there are hunting leases all over TX. What does he like to hunt? That will determine the area.
      Deer!
      See you later...

Comment

Brownwood-Brady area seems to always be a solid place, but you are looking at a decent chunk per year. Plus, we were killing some nice sized Axis Deer down there.

Comment

Whats an average price to rent a lease? Is it by season or do you rent it by weekend?

I would ask him but its a surprise...
          See you later...

Comment

It depends, you can get him a day/weekend hunt, or basically find one he can use the whole year. Dove/deer/turkey, whatever he wants. A few years ago, we were paying about $2000 per person for the year, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's gone way up.

Comment

Whats an average price to rent a lease? Is it by season or do you rent it by weekend?

I would ask him but its a surprise...
              Price is dependant on the area, # of people, acreage, and deer population. More deer = more $$. Anywhere from $1000 on up.

You can do it several different ways. Everyone I know is on a long term lease though. As in, yearly. People put big money in to leases with stands, feeders, and such, and don't want to constantly change and move all their shit. Honestly, the best thing to do would be to get in with some of his friends that have a lease, and see what they (or the land owner) would charge for an extra head.

You can do day leases for bird hunting, but I don't know if anyone would do a day lease on deer.

Comment

Price is dependant on the area, # of people, acreage, and deer population. More deer = more $$. Anywhere from $1000 on up.

You can do it several different ways. Everyone I know is on a long term lease though. As in, yearly. People put big money in to leases with stands, feeders, and such, and don't want to constantly change and move all their shit. Honestly, the best thing to do would be to get in with some of his friends that have a lease, and see what they (or the land owner) would charge for an extra head.

You can do day leases for bird hunting, but I don't know if anyone would do a day lease on deer.
                I was thinking like a weekend trip or maybe even an entire week.

Something for him just to get away from reality. :-)
                See you later...

Comment

You do realize deer season is over, and won't start up again until next fall, right?

Comment

You do realize deer season is over, and won't start up again until next fall, right?
                    Yes, im not that retarded...
                    See you later...

Comment

What's your budget?
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Get him a hog hunt

Comment

Yes, im not that retarded...
                          Just making sure. You are a woman and all, didn't think you'd know.

Comment

Just making sure. You are a woman and all, didn't think you'd know.
                            You forget my family is redneck LOL
                            See you later...

Comment

here's one idea: http://www.texashuntlodge.com/axis_d...nt_package.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X