Lagunitas beer fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagunitas beer fans?

I had been meaning to hit up Dr. Jekyll's beer lab to grab a whole bunch of singles that I've been wanting to try without having to buy a whole sixer and grabbed four different brews from Lagunitas. I've done one a night to give them an honest palate and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the three I've had so far. The Pale, the IPA, and what I'm working on now, the Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale have been great with the latter being my favorite. I still have an Imperial Red to go, but signs are it will be great. I've always noticed their stuff on the shelf but never tried it. Kind of wish I had sooner.

Lagunitas IPA tastes like Lysol.

Comment

I love their Hop Stuppid.
      2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
      www.militarystangs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        I had been meaning to hit up Dr. Jekyll's beer lab to grab a whole bunch of singles that I've been wanting to try without having to buy a whole sixer and grabbed four different brews from Lagunitas. I've done one a night to give them an honest palate and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the three I've had so far. The Pale, the IPA, and what I'm working on now, the Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale have been great with the latter being my favorite. I still have an Imperial Red to go, but signs are it will be great. I've always noticed their stuff on the shelf but never tried it. Kind of wish I had sooner.
        They are my favorite brewery. I used to work right up the street from it in Petaluma, CA. Had a buddy that worked there and we'd go do free 'samples' from the taps for lunch sometimes. I'm a hophead so I like the IPA and Hop Stoopid a lot. The Brown Shugga is also one of my favorites. It usually comes out around Thanksgiving and it's 10% and very drinkable for the holidays.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Sounds like you're just not into really hoppy beers then. I think their IPA is one of the best; there are a lot of IPAs and Imperial IPAs out there that are much more bitter.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

You just don't like hoppy beers, nancypants. There are some ipa's out there that will flat out burn your tastebuds off, but Lagunitas isn't one of them. My first home brew will either be an ipa or a pale ale and you're going to be forced to drink it and like it. No weird faces either.

Comment

You just don't like hoppy beers, nancypants. There are some ipa's out there that will flat out burn your tastebuds off, but Lagunitas isn't one of them. My first home brew will either be an ipa or a pale ale and you're going to be forced to drink it and like it. No weird faces either.
            dude.... dont be so hard on him. his face is just like that.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I like the brown shugga a lot, and the WTF is pretty tasty too

Comment

Fuck you Paul! I like dark ales, stouts, etc.

Comment

Fuck you Paul! I like dark ales, stouts, etc.
                  i like dark, stout ladies!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

This..

And Tyrone, I will be happy to try it out and give you some feedback.

I like their Hop Stoopid, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      This..

And Tyrone, I will be happy to try it out and give you some feedback.

I like their Hop Stoopid, BTW.
                      There will be some beer giveaways because I won't make it through five gallons of a brew on my own no matter how much I like it. I would get fat as hell with a quickness. It will get to a point where I'm excited enough to move on to another brew that I'll need to do a keg dump or bottle it to make room for the new stuff.

I'm having a Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale now and it's damn tasty. That's four out of four that impressed me. They are definitely doing something right.

Comment

There will be some beer giveaways because I won't make it through five gallons of a brew on my own no matter how much I like it. I would get fat as hell with a quickness. It will get to a point where I'm excited enough to move on to another brew that I'll need to do a keg dump or bottle it to make room for the new stuff.

I'm having a Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale now and it's damn tasty. That's four out of four that impressed me. They are definitely doing something right.
                        Yeah.. Anyhow, just let me know, I am down for chillin and trying some homebrew. I'm somewhat interested in doing it myself.

Comment

Not a Lagunitas fan either. While in California I tried the Little Sumptin Wild. It was terrible, I couldn't even finish it. The only other beer I've ever had that I couldn't finish was Old Chub.

Comment

Good stuff- The little sumpin is choice. I was at Jekyll's today and picked up some Dogfish Head Palo Santo and some Stone Sef Righteous.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                              Good stuff- The little sumpin is choice. I was at Jekyll's today and picked up some Dogfish Head Palo Santo and some Stone Sef Righteous.
                              Excellent. I've been in the garage painting a piece of furniture and drinking some Rahr & sons La Grange farmhouse ale. This would be great yardwork brew.

Comment

Working...
                              X