Ellis County Texas Internet Service Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis County Texas Internet Service Provider

If you don't feel like reading all of this, quick solution, don't use ectisp.

Back story: I had Ectisp wireless internet for over a year. We live in the middle of no where, so wireless internet is our best option. We noticed the speeds weren't anywhere near what we were paying for. It was literally slightly faster than dialup. I decided to shop around for better options, my aunt had skybeam internet and it was 10x faster, literally. So we chose them, I noticed their customer service is lacking, however, the speeds are comparable to dsl. Ectisp does have decent customer service, but that means nothing to me when the internet is so slow. The wireless receivers were mounted on a 55ft tall tower, because we have massive trees around us.

Main story: So today ectisp came to collect their receiver and other items. The guy climbed the tower, took down their receiver, and on his way down, turned my skybeam receiver about a half foot in the wrong direction, meaning I get no internet at all. He starts to laugh as he climbs down. I have never seen someone climb down a tower so fast in my life. So I walk outside towards that side of the house, and they are already leaving. I then call ectisp, I was polite, so was Connie on the other end of the phone. They send them back. I waited for 20 minutes and nobody showed, so I left for work. My brother was there waiting on them, they showed, but he was in the restroom. They didn't even move it near where it needed to be, it's still half a foot off. They didn't knock on the door or anything. My aunt watched them and said he did climb it, moved it a little, then they left. I am beyond mad. They thought this thing was funny because we switched service i bet. My brother climbed it and put it somewhat in the right direction, however, still no signal (if it is off even a hair you won't get good and possibly no signal)

I plan to email the link to this as well to ectisp, because I do not believe in bashing a company without them being able to possibly defend themselves. Any suggestions on anything I can do? I will be calling Skybeam tomorrow and let them know the situation. I am sure they will just reposition it for no charge. I need internet for 2 online courses I am taking, so thats what makes me most made over this. I had to go to my girlfriends today just to finish a paper due friday. Will have to come back tomorrow to take a test.

Posted from my junk phone because ectisp messed up my internet!
    Last edited by Machx2; 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM.

Also, I did not proofread what I put since it is tough on my junk phone. So beware, may be a hard read.

Comment

It's because they smelt bacon! Also this is another reason why I will never live in the boonies... I need to have my internet!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
        It's because they smelt bacon! Also this is another reason why I will never live in the boonies... I need to have my internet!
        Yea, I dislike it, but it is family land.

Comment

I'd love to say call the sherrifs dept and start the ball rolling on whatever the county or city would allow you to do in small claims court...especially if you have witnesses. Not sure what you're likely to get but I'd be really fucking mad myself. Thats some bullshit right there.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            I'd love to say call the sherrifs dept and start the ball rolling on whatever the county or city would allow you to do in small claims court...especially if you have witnesses. Not sure what you're likely to get but I'd be really fucking mad myself. Thats some bullshit right there.
            I talked to the county clerk today. She told me my best option would be to keep receipts and document everything (which I already knew and have started) I also talked to skybeam, they just so happen to be backlogged. It will be 2 weeks before they can come out. So Ectisp now even owes me for my skybeam service that I am paying for, but not getting because of them. I have never sued for anything, but this has to be a slam dunk in any court since skybeam has documented the exact time I lost connection, which of course I have pictures and video when they were here.

Comment

Working...
            X