Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Vodka Co Ad

Wrong, but funny.

According to Forbes, the ad appeared to have been taken down from the company’s social media sites within an hour, but that did little to stem the flow of outrage from online users. Belvedere issued a general apology on Twitter Friday afternoon, which users quickly dismissed for not addressing the issue of sexual assault.

“We apologize to any of our fans who were offended by our recent tweet. We continue to be an advocate of safe and responsible drinking,” the company tweeted.

“@belvederevodka nope. Not ‘sorry we offended you’. Try ‘sorry for our part in promoting rape culture. We will do better’ #apologyfail,” Twitter user @hswindell wrote in response.

Belvedere later issued two more apologies, one from its senior vice president of marketing and one from its president, calling the ad “offensive” and “absolutely inconsistent” with the company’s values.

“It should never have happened,” President Charles Gibb said. “I am currently investigating the matter to determine how this happened and to be sure it never does so again. The content is contrary to our values and we deeply regret this lapse.”

Gibb said the company has made a donation to the anti-sexual violence organization Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network [RAINN] as a result of the ad.

People need to stop complaining about every little thing and get a sense of humor. I think it is an awesome had and hysterical.

Comment

Posted that yesterday in the random picture thread.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Posted that yesterday in the random picture thread.
        Fuck!!

Comment

People are way to sensitive nowadays.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Looks like he pulled AKickDoe!

Comment

People are bitches. If you they offend you, simply don't buy their product. Fuck it's that easy.
              My newest addiction VVV

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                  People are way to sensitive nowadays.
                  Yep, they are!

Showed my wife the pic, she studied it for a bit, and asked what the big deal was. Looks like he's giving her the Heimlich.

And she said one hour instantly!
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X