X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!!!

Wife gets let go at her job.

I accept a job with a pay raise.

Depression and excitement in 2 hours. Nice to get a raise but sucks to lose a whole income to the household.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Wife gets let go at her job.

I accept a job with a pay raise.

Depression and excitement in 2 hours. Nice to get a raise but sucks to lose a whole income to the household.
    when me and my wife first got together, i quit my job (knew i was about to get fired) came home and there she was, she had just got laid off.
    could be worse. what does she do? i may know some people
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
      when me and my wife first got together, i quit my job (knew i was about to get fired) came home and there she was, she had just got laid off.
      could be worse. what does she do? i may know some people
      oh i have been there too. She got let go a few months before our wedding. We go to mexico and get married. I come back to work, and the first day i get back I get laid off.

Not sure if she is going to go back to work yet. She may stay home with the kiddo for the time being.

Comment

Damn that sucks
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Sucks dude. At least you've got a slight bridge in the gap with your raise.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Sucks dude. At least you've got a slight bridge in the gap with your raise.
            Yea, and this is a raise plus I will be working from home. So saving on gas and parking will help alot. It almost makes up for her income gone LOL.

Sucks though, the extra income was going to pay off our cc's faster. This just slows that process down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Yea, and this is a raise plus I will be working from home. So saving on gas and parking will help alot. It almost makes up for her income gone LOL.

Sucks though, the extra income was going to pay off our cc's faster. This just slows that process down a bit.
              not if you were paying for daycare.... you are probably gonna be the same after you factor in not going out to lunch, gas, buying new clothes for work etc etc...

o wait.. if your working from home.. and she is watching the kids.... ur fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                not if you were paying for daycare.... you are probably gonna be the same after you factor in not going out to lunch, gas, buying new clothes for work etc etc...

o wait.. if your working from home.. and she is watching the kids.... ur fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                The reimbursement program we have at work was paying for daycare.

But yea, I am fucked with her and the kid at home.

Comment

don't know if you can or already have this. but make you an area that is your office. where you can put your work stuff and nobody can mess with it. avoid taking that stuff in other areas of your house, it will get misplaced, colored, thrown away etc.
                  i work from home also...
                  o and the biggest thing, even tho it seems small. lock up your fucking pens. everytime you go to grab one it will be dry, out of ink, not there and it always happens when your on the phone and need to write a number
                  first class white trash

Comment

Thanks. I didn't think about the pens issue. I have a desk area now, but I am going to upgrade the desk to something that is actually more suitable for a workday. I just do the bills and other random stuff on this older desk I have.

May have to hang some sound deadener on the door to keep the sounds in the other room out.

Comment

That sucks, sorry to hear. We want my wife to stay home with the baby boy.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Well we would like to have from the very beginning, but medical bills and other baby stuff had to be paid off.

Comment

other things you will want to keep out sight.
                          tape
                          post it notes
                          pencil and sharpener
                          white out
                          stamps
                          legal pads
                          envelopes
                          printer paper
                          but i also have a 11 & 12 year old... they ramsack me over the weekends
                          first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            What's holding you back? At first I was apprehensive about my wife not going back to work and now I think it's one of the best things we could have done for our child.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X