pay off car or put toward new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the option for "Don't self-finance a car for a relative?"

Definitely pay off the car so you don't get stuck with 3 car payments when mom screws you over.
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Hmmmmm.....get out of debt or go deeper in debt...seems like an easy decision to me.

Comment

10-1 paying it off now. Results seem pretty clear...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I don't know about your financial situation but $7,500 is a lot and I would much rather have that money in the bank. If it were a couple thousand sure but $7,500 is quite a bit.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            this x one zillion!

she doesn't believe in banks or loans because she doesn't have any fucking CREDIT!
            Fixed! Never be a bank for family!
            2010 Ford SVT Raptor
            2007 Saleen S281-SC
            1998 BMW M Roadster
            1961 Ford F100

Comment

why is this even a question?

Comment

Originally posted by RedPony07 View Post
                Fixed! Never be a bank for family!
                and people without credit have no money
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  this x one zillion!

she doesn't believe in banks or loans because she doesn't have any fucking money

Bingo. What a terrible idea.

Comment

Consider the car a gift. She'll stop paying, and you will not want to go after her because she is family.

You are fucked either way.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I will never lend anymore money to family. I did it once and never got it back. I had a feeling it would happen but it was only a couple hundred so it wasn't like I got really bent over...

I love how when you lend broke people money and you ask for it back they and other parts of the family just say to let it go, is losing a relationship with your sister or brother that important? I love those responses and how it always comes back to the lender to be the bigger person..
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I don't understand the mentallity of a family member thinking they don't need to pay you back.

I have been on the flip side. I have bought a car from a family member and had to pay them over a few months. When I did it, I felt I was obligated to that family member to get them the money as quick as possible. I paid about $1500 off in like 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          I don't understand the mentallity of a family member thinking they don't need to pay you back.

I have been on the flip side. I have bought a car from a family member and had to pay them over a few months. When I did it, I felt I was obligated to that family member to get them the money as quick as possible. I paid about $1500 off in like 3 months.
                          They are an emotional wreck but I could swear I heard "you make more than me" come out of their mouth a few times, along with a bunch of other excuses. To which my response was I also spend a lot less than you too. I stopped talking to them after that to say the least.

Then I get a call a few months later to "vent bf" problems where I find out they are blowing money out of the ass. It is fine though, me being able to say, yeah, a couple hundred is nothing to me hurts them more than it does by me asking the for my money.

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
                            her mom is weird, she doesnt believe in banks and the banking system, yes, I know.
                            Dumbest financial decision ever. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                            X