pay off car or put toward new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay off car or put toward new car

Going to buy my wife a new enclave next week. Question is since we just sold her current car to her mother (who is paying us each month) do we pay off my wife's old car, or put that money down on her new car? We currently have 2 open car loans, so her new car would be #3 if we didnt pay it off. But, we could take the payoff amount and put that down on her new car. Which would you do?
    take $7500 & payoff wife's current car she just sold to her mother
    0%
    take $7500 & put down on wife's new Enclave
    0%

So you are still on the hook for the old car, but you've let your MIL take over payments? Can she not get a loan herself for the car? The ideal position would be for her to take the note, and continue to bank the $7500.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      So you are still on the hook for the old car, but you've let your MIL take over payments? Can she not get a loan herself for the car? The ideal position would be for her to take the note, and continue to bank the $7500.
      her mom is weird, she doesnt believe in banks and the banking system, yes, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
        her mom is weird, she doesnt believe in banks and the banking system, yes, I know.
        Rage face: engage.

Comment

Pay it off.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
            But she believes in it enough to have her daughter finance the car with a bank for her...

Pay it off, and let her pay in cash for one if she doesn't wanna finance.

Comment

Never do business with family. Pay the car off that way when your MIL screws yall over you're not making 3 carpayments.

Comment

I only read this quickly, but this post seems pretty nebulous to me.
                Car A is w/mom, car B is wife's current, and car C would be the Enclave. The question is to payoff Car B or put that principal down on car C?

Edit - fuck me, didn't read the poll options.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Make in rain in da club
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Make in rain in da club
                    Damned straight!!
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Wait, you can buy my fox car, and have some assets to offset your new debt with that money. That would work.

Comment

Put it down on new ride

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          Never do business with family. Pay the car off that way when your MIL screws yall over you're not making 3 carpayments.
                          this x one zillion!

she doesn't believe in banks or loans because she doesn't have any fucking money
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            But she believes in it enough to have her daughter finance the car with a bank for her...

Pay it off, and let her pay in cash for one if she doesn't wanna finance.
                            This. Also, no way in hell I would let anyone make payments to me on a car. I did it once with my best friend, got 2 payments and never another. Knew him for 15 years. I did get the car back, but I was lucky it was still in good condition. We haven't talked since.

Comment

Hookers and blow?
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X