Getting a in-ground pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange, who did you go with?

We're still waiting on the "real" price to start ours. I hoped they'd be half done by now.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I'll never build another one. The money pit that never stops. Besides, all my neighbors have pools that are at my disposal.

Comment

My wife would like a pool also, but we but also have a very small back yard. we built our house about 10 years ago and plan to move in next couple years, so I do not see the point in spending $20-30k for a small pool, then in 2-3 years sell and lose our butts.

that being said, wife and kids REALLY want one NOW... so iv read and seen some of these above ground pools, than you can partially bury and only have about 1-2 feet above ground... Then could build a deck around it.

anyone have or know someone with one of these? how much do these options usually cost installed? I would need something oval shape, probably around 24 x 12 ish.... Again, i know its kinda WT, but I only want something to last a few years, and was hoping around $5kish, but i bet im wishful thinking, I told wife to bury im guessing closer to 10k

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
          My wife would like a pool also, but we but also have a very small back yard. we built our house about 10 years ago and plan to move in next couple years, so I do not see the point in spending $20-30k for a small pool, then in 2-3 years sell and lose our butts.

that being said, wife and kids REALLY want one NOW... so iv read and seen some of these above ground pools, than you can partially bury and only have about 1-2 feet above ground... Then could build a deck around it.

anyone have or know someone with one of these? how much do these options usually cost installed? I would need something oval shape, probably around 24 x 12 ish.... Again, i know its kinda WT, but I only want something to last a few years, and was hoping around $5kish, but i bet im wishful thinking, I told wife to bury im guessing closer to 10k
          I know some people who did this with a small round one for their grandkids. I'm not real sure how long it was in the ground, but over time they ran into an issue with the frame rusting and breaking down. It may seem white trash, but if you were to build a nice deck around it, you would hardly be able to tell its a buried above ground pool
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            I'll never build another one. The money pit that never stops. Besides, all my neighbors have pools that are at my disposal.
            That's the damned truth too. I drop a grand a year on salt and acid and other crap, then add to that whatever goes awry in equipment. Every year it's a motor or a salt cell or something else. Then the $100 a month in electric, and $130 ish on pool companies.

Pools are not worth the trouble!

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

BBB Method

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                Orange, who did you go with?

We're still waiting on the "real" price to start ours. I hoped they'd be half done by now.
                Sams Pools here in Forney.
                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
                  I don't even HAVE a fucking pool and I read that entire article. Very informative!

Comment

lol, me neither. One day...one day...

Comment

• Robertson Pools

We're elated to share that Robertson Pools, a leading Dallas-area pool design and construction company, has earned a top 10 ranking with Pool & Spa News

They are who our pool in in 2001. Awesome company and service. A few summers ago, I worked for Alpha Pool Service in Keller. The owner knows the industry inside and out (of course) and Stood behind Robertson all the way.

Which filter/board system are you going with? Stay away from Jandy!
                      Detailing by Dylan
                      817-494-3396
                      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

• Its almost done....

Comment

• All they have left to do is hook the as line up to the heater box, and it's done minus the landscaping!

Comment

• landscape, you have no yard lol.

Comment

• Nice view.

Comment

• Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                                landscape, you have no yard lol.
                                There's plenty of grass behind me. all around the pool next to fence is grass, maybe 3-5 foot wide in areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X