Getting a in-ground pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a in-ground pool.

Sam's pools in Forney is my top choice, Hobert out of Rockwall is next.....any body have a negative experience with them or recommend another company?
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

dont do anthony and sylvan. they sucked when they did mine. Hell i dont even know if they are still in business. just my opinion
    KODFWS 2011

Comment

That's alot of mufflers!!!!

Not to discourage you, but don't you live in one of those neighborhoods with a community pool?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        That's alot of mufflers!!!!

Not to discourage you, but don't you live in one of those neighborhoods with a community pool?
        My neighborhood pool got shat in twice last summer...stupid fucking kids

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
          Sam's pools in Forney is my top choice, Hobert out of Rockwall is next.....any body have a negative experience with them or recommend another company?
          Blue Haven. My parents has lasted with no cracks for 35 years. I had one in my last house and it was very nice and zero feaking work to maintain. Salt water, agitators in the bottom, and a manta ray equals zero work. The two speed pump was a waste of money though. The only thing the first level would do is lightly move the water. The water sprayers on the side of the pool are nice also when it is really hot out. I miss my pool.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I would love a pool but my backyard simply isn't large enough. The next house I get will definitely have one.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I checked into them but the closest dealer was in Lewisville. They look like they build very nice quality products.

Yes, we have a huge community pool, tits dont come out to play there.

Comment

An.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Variable speed pump = win for lower electric bills (ie. when it's cold out it can barely move the water for freeze guard vs. burning @ a high rate).

We interviewed Hobert and liked them, but they hand you off at each step of the process to a new crew, so your likelihood of a fuck up goes way, way up.

I used a small builder out of McKinney and the owner was the guy that sold us the pool, did the design, was there every day managing the subs, etc. He answered emails and texts quickly and was a nice guy. They also manage the build differently in that they keep the shell watered while curing and they also brush the plaster while it's curing (a lot of companies make you do it).

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    My neighborhood pool got shat in twice last summer...stupid fucking kids
                    Lulz at public decker

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if you have trouble getting a permit to build it with the drought/water restrictions. If you do get a permit, they won't let you fill it up. Assuming you are on the same restrictions we are on, and I think you are.

I'm only allowed to maintain my pool water level. If I drain it, I can't fill it back up.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

That is one investment I would never make.. I just use others and let them foot the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if you have trouble getting a permit to build it with the drought/water restrictions. If you do get a permit, they won't let you fill it up. Assuming you are on the same restrictions we are on, and I think you are.

I'm only allowed to maintain my pool water level. If I drain it, I can't fill it back up.
                          you can pay to have water delivered! depends how deep your pockets are

Comment

I've got the permit already, 10 days to get it. $740 for the city of Forney vs $114 in Rockwall. Stupid

Comment

As mentioned in the thread, I am getting the variable speed pump. Heated as well...gotta swim when I want right?

Comment

Working...
                              X