Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody been up to Possum Kingdom Lake State Park recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody been up to Possum Kingdom Lake State Park recently?

Wanting to get some camping in before summer and I'm wondering how it's recovered since the fires a couple of years ago.

Those fires were just last year homie. Barely even 6 months ago, I think.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Sorry, I could not resist. My insurance agent has a house on the lake. He checks in on facebook, out their just about every weekend. I think it is ok. His house was in the direct path, when all of that went through.

2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

My bad, seems like it was longer than that

Comment

Yeah I was there when the fire went though there last time and they evacuated us from the place. Sucked.
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            My bad, seems like it was longer than that
            You know why, right?

Comment

They also just had another golden algae bloom (fish kill). Second one in 3 years so if youre going for a fishing lake I'd pick somewhere else. Other than that still a nice area, the fires didnt get all of it

Comment

Might try mineral wells state park, it is nice too and wasn't burned as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  You know why, right?
                  Why?

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                  They also just had another golden algae bloom (fish kill). Second one in 3 years so if youre going for a fishing lake I'd pick somewhere else. Other than that still a nice area, the fires didnt get all of it
                  Good to know. Mainly going for camping and wanted to know the condition of the park. Might have to take a drive out there and check it out.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                  Might try mineral wells state park, it is nice too and wasn't burned as far as I know.
                  Haven't been there yet, might have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Why?
                    Obama.

Comment

Obama.

x10000000000
                      I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

Good to know. Mainly going for camping and wanted to know the condition of the park. Might have to take a drive out there and check it out.

There is a KOA camp ground right next the dam just before the HWY 16 Bridge, you could also do a canoe paddle a couple miles down and just pick a spot lol. Be sure and check how much water they are releasing though, I know they are releasing quite a bit down at lake Whitney

Comment

Obama.
                          Obama hates PKL?

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                          There is a KOA camp ground right next the dam just before the HWY 16 Bridge, you could also do a canoe paddle a couple miles down and just pick a spot lol. Be sure and check how much water they are releasing though, I know they are releasing quite a bit down at lake Whitney
                          I prefer the State Park. It's cheap and I have a park pass plus we have a particular camp site that we always try to get there.

Comment

Working...
                          X