Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 GT500 Pricing Revealed

Not bad considering what you get.

Perhaps the most important figure regarding the upcoming 2013 Shelby GT500 is its top speed of 200 mph.Best of all the figures on the car however is Ford has announced that this Mustang could be yours for a “mere” $54,995.A sharp increase of $6,000 over last year’s model, it’s also slightly more than the new Camaro ZL1, which is priced at $54,095.A larger 5.8-liter V8 engine and a bigger supercharger gives the 2013 GT500 an increase of 100-hp over the out-going 2012 model.Other components joining the powerplant include a new six-speed manual transmission, carbon fiber driveshaft, clutch, and a new final drive real axle with 3.31:1 ratio.Also available on the GT500 is the new Performance Pack which offers SVT/Bilstein electronically adjustable shocks and a Torsen limited-slip differential.
    "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Can't believe that thing still doesn't have an independent rear end.

Comment

LOL, that front end is so freaking ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post

Looks good to me, but it might just be the horsepower talking!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
          Ford had to design the front end like that for aero and downforce to be stable at over 200 mph. Besides, people will really only see the ass end as it walks away....

Comment

Whew that was close, I almost thought I could afford one for a minute there!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I'm more concerned with what the dealer mark up is rather than what Ford priced it at. I bet the first ones go for over $70K.

How would you guys like to be one of those fuckin morons who paid out the ass for the 2007 car?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Can't believe that thing still doesn't have an independent rear end.
                Why? The majority of owners will care about going in a straight line. SRA > IRS

Plus the Boss 302/ 302 Laguna Seca is proof it can go around a track too.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

How would you guys like to be one of those fuckin morons who paid out the ass for the 2007 car?
                  I know one of those morons and then I drug his ass up the 75 service road in my old ass Cobra. He was not pleased, lol!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The reviews I read made it sound like they handled pretty damn well without the IRS. Maybe Ford thought an IRS would be a weak link or at least an ongoing warranty concern?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I'm more concerned with what the dealer mark up is rather than what Ford priced it at. I bet the first ones go for over $70K.

I bought my 07 from one of them. He lost almost half of what he paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                        It's not a bad price at all if you can get it for that. Some dealerships are already putting a $15k-$20k ADM on them. Greedy bastards.

Comment

Dang, Not bad for 650 HP Mustang & a 10 second car with a warrenty by the Dealership
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          And while his kidney stones pass,
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

The price increases won't last. Ford says they will not limit the run on them, so wait 5 months....and get one at sticker.

Also, as far as the IRS. An IRS is only better then this new 3 link design hitting a high speed corner that is bumpy. And just barely. Like I stated in an earlier post. A solid axle prototype Boss 302S won the Pirelli world challenge last year, and won 7 races. Every other car in the series (except for the mustangs) were IRS suspensions. They all got their asses handed to them all year long.

With personal experience......my solid axle mustang beats the crap out of IRS cars all day long as well......disclaimer: same horsepower IRS cars.

Comment

I'll say it won't run 200.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                              X