How to find a good roommate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a good roommate?

I'd like the company and extra income but don't want some fucking nut job moving in.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
    I'd like the company and extra income but don't want some fucking nut job moving in.

Any suggestions?

Don't advertise here.
    Ded

Comment

Ask close friends and family and make sure it's someone dependable. Don't go the stranger route. Too many crazy fucks and thieves out there.

Comment

I am sure the jokes will ensue after my next comment but my roommate is off Craigslist. He is clean, doesn't cause trouble, pays rent 5 days in advance, sometimes. I travel a lot, was gone for a week last month and had no issues. I am going on about 4 months.

There are definitely crazies out there, but do your research, invite them over, talk to them, do background checks, etc.. I put a clause in my contract that if you are crazy and we don't "click", you are out. I don't word it like that of course but I usually put something in there to cover my ass.

Besides that he turns the dishwasher on for 1 plate and a fork, I have no complaints.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
          Don't advertise here.
          Actually, find someone from this board. If he pisses you off, let him have it on the board. If he really fucks up, chances are you can post his # and people here will make him miserable for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            I am sure the jokes will ensue after my next comment but my roommate is off Craigslist. He is clean, doesn't cause trouble, pays rent 5 days in advance, sometimes. I travel a lot, was gone for a week last month and had no issues. I am going on about 4 months.

There are definitely crazies out there, but do your research, invite them over, talk to them, do background checks, etc.. I put a clause in my contract that if you are crazy and we don't "click", you are out. I don't word it like that of course but I usually put something in there to cover my ass.

Besides that he turns the dishwasher on for 1 plate and a fork, I have no complaints.
            M4M?

Just kidding dude

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Actually, find someone from this board. If he pisses you off, let him have it on the board. If he really fucks up, chances are you can post his # and people here will make him miserable for a while.
            Dats truf!
            Ded

Comment

I am sure the jokes will ensue after my next comment but my roommate is off Craigslist. He is clean, doesn't cause trouble, brought his own farm animals, loves throwing me bukakke parties, pays rent 5 days in advance, sometimes.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                lol.. He keeps to himself, watches tv in living room for about 2 hours after work then goes to his room/sleeps and dont see him until next day. He is gone on the weekends too so thats good.
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

m4m
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

plenty of fish .com
                    first class white trash

Comment

I still have a spare bedroom...

On a side note, you would be surprised at a lot of responses you get. You can tell who is worth spending time on and who's not. I had a chiropracter wanting to move in for a few months until they get their practice up and running. I had a scuba instructor, and an IT engineer that works at Bell Helicopter.
                      Last edited by 347Mike; 03-21-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I'm looking that route now, but would like to stay north of 635 and east of 75.

Comment

A friend of a good friend of yours. This has worked out for me 4 times already. I think why it works so well is that I own my house and can afford everything myself. But I used the extra money to pay off school and credit cards (almost done). To keep things simple I just charged a flat $500-550 for everything, no contracts just move in and if I don't like you get the fuck out. As of now I have a chick (met through a friend) renting a room from me that walks around half naked that does the dishes and folds my clothes on occasion. I would rather live alone but I got to meet a lot of new people, make new friends and got a lot of things paid off in a short amount of time.

Comment

i might be interested. can you make sandwiches?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
                              A friend of a good friend of yours. This has worked out for me 4 times already. I think why it works so well is that I own my house and can afford everything myself. But I used the extra money to pay off school and credit cards (almost done). To keep things simple I just charged a flat $500-550 for everything, no contracts just move in and if I don't like you get the fuck out. As of now I have a chick (met through a friend) renting a room from me that walks around half naked that does the dishes and folds my clothes on occasion. I would rather live alone but I got to meet a lot of new people, make new friends and got a lot of things paid off in a short amount of time.
                              pics ?
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X