Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do any wood working ? Carving, engraving, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do any wood working ? Carving, engraving, etc.

A buddy of mine has been making these cool little skulls out of black walnut. I got to thinking about the possibilities of making different things and was curious what all I'm going to need to get started.

Does anyone here do any wood working, as far as carving, engraving, or anything like that ? I'm thinking of making hot rod/car related stuff. Shift knobs, cool art that can be hung on a shop wall, etc.

My buddy is using a Dremel with different burrs and sand paper to hand finish it.

Anyone have any suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction ? I want to get started making stuff pretty soon, and will probably just set up a work station in my garage, since it's not big enough to put my damn car in. Is there a better place to look for tools to do this than say, Home Depot or Lowes ? Maybe an actual wood working store ?

-Aaron

My dad started doing this a while back and has been having a blast. He uses all types of knives for most of it and then finishes with the Dremel. There are tons of publications and websites dedicated to this. I'll get some info from him today and shoot you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      My dad started doing this a while back and has been having a blast. He uses all types of knives for most of it and then finishes with the Dremel. There are tons of publications and websites dedicated to this. I'll get some info from him today and shoot you a PM.
      Very cool. Thanks !

Comment

Woodcraft in Addison or Ft Worth sells everything you would need to get started.
        Shop Wood Carving Tools and more woodworking products for sale from Woodcraft! Buy online or find your local Woodcraft store. Free Shipping on select items.

The store in Ft Worth even has classes.
        Whether you're a seasoned artisan or a novice enthusiast, shop Woodcraft for expert advice, unbeatable prices, superior brands, and a woodworking experience like no other. Explore our vast selection of premium wood, tools, and accessories, meticulously curated to fuel your passion for creating timeless pieces.

Comment

lol, wood working...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Woodcraft in Addison or Ft Worth sells everything you would need to get started.
            Shop Wood Carving Tools and more woodworking products for sale from Woodcraft! Buy online or find your local Woodcraft store. Free Shipping on select items.

The store in Ft Worth even has classes.
            http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/stor...1&page=classes
            Good deal. The Addison store looks like it's not too far from my work so I'll have to swing by over there one day on my lunch break ! Thanks !!

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
            X