even more craigslist gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even more craigslist gold

I have been selling some odds and ends on craigslist, I have a single new 33" BF Goodrich tire up for a while, I had actually forgotten about, anyways, some guy sent me an email asking how much I want for it shipped to Philadelphia. Normally I would just delete it as a scammer, except he actually gave a phone number, google shows the number is from the Philly area and the name on the phone search leads to a business which matches matches the name on the email.

But my question is, why would someone want to buy a tire off craigslist and ship it half way across the country? Especially a heavy 33" tire?

Also, do people actually send money to strangers half way across the country for craigslist-ed shit?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
    I have been selling some odds and ends on craigslist, I have a single new 33" BF Goodrich tire up for a while, I had actually forgotten about, anyways, some guy sent me an email asking how much I want for it shipped to Philadelphia. Normally I would just delete it as a scammer, except he actually gave a phone number, google shows the number is from the Philly area and the name on the phone search leads to a business which matches matches the name on the email.

But my question is, why would someone want to buy a tire off craigslist and ship it half way across the country? Especially a heavy 33" tire?

Also, do people actually send money to strangers half way across the country for craigslist-ed shit?

Stevo
    Seems fishy. How much are you selling it for? Like new? 33x12.50x15? I may be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Seems fishy. How much are you selling it for? Like new? 33x12.50x15? I may be interested.
      It is the old style Mud Terrain which is no longer sold, it was mounted and used to check fit and clearance on a project, it wasn't even driven on. I was asking 75.

I just checked the shipping to Philly, he would be looking at close to $75 just in shipping.

Stevo
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Ask him instead of dfwmustangs. I'm sure he will tell you why.
        Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          It is the old style Mud Terrain which is no longer sold, it was mounted and used to check fit and clearance on a project, it wasn't even driven on. I was asking 75.

I just checked the shipping to Philly, he would be looking at close to $75 just in shipping.

Stevo
          150 may be quite a bit cheaper than what he can find it for. I know finding affordable 35's is taking me quite a bit of time
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            150 may be quite a bit cheaper than what he can find it for. I know finding affordable 35's is taking me quite a bit of time
            I sold a set of 35" Procomps on wagon wheels this past month, they had a bunch of rock-rash on them and about 50% thread but I still got $400 for the set. They were just too much tire for the postal Jeep.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
            X