Cops Beat Man ‘Resisting’ Arrest…Only to Find He’s in Diabetic Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
    That is a lot of responsibility for a 12 YO. I hate even checking my little ones, as I have had to do with the older two periodically. It seems like I'm checking them to see if they caught a curse that is going to be a PITA (at the very least) for the rest of their life. Good luck and let me know if you ever need anything. It is a challenge, for sure.
    I can't wait for the artificial pancreas to get approved over here. I took my son with a bunch of other parents and diabetic kids to Congressman Joe Barton's office last year to ask him to support approving the artificial pancreas here in the US.

If I could donate my pancreas to my son, I would. I can handle the regimen.

We do NOT have a family history of diabetes. The endocrinologist at Cook's said the only explanation is that he got sick and a virus attacked the pancreas and made it shut down.

The kid got diabetes at about 6, and had his appendix out at 10.

Comment

As I said earlier, that means their bs shot up rather quickly. If it had been above 240 for very long, trust me, you feel it.

For type 2s, on medication, some of this is sorta right. For type 1s, I can do any of this without insulin, I could never get my bs to normal, much less low.
      most type 2's dont use insulin to control their BGl... Hypoglycemia
      has far more origins on the regular basis that just insulin alone

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        most type 2's dont use insulin to control their BGl... Hypoglycemia
        has far more origins on the regular basis that just insulin alone
        Yes, I know they use diet and exercise, insulin, and glucophage, or a similar drug. Without insulin, glucophage, or a similar drug, what are the chances of a low? About 0.

Hypoglycemics are the wildcard. I've never seen or heard of a non-diabetic involved in an auto accident or similar incident, but I have read of and heard of hundreds of diabetic related ones.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          I can't wait for the artificial pancreas to get approved over here. I took my son with a bunch of other parents and diabetic kids to Congressman Joe Barton's office last year to ask him to support approving the artificial pancreas here in the US.

If I could donate my pancreas to my son, I would. I can handle the regimen.

We do NOT have a family history of diabetes. The endocrinologist at Cook's said the only explanation is that he got sick and a virus attacked the pancreas and made it shut down.

The kid got diabetes at about 6, and had his appendix out at 10.
          There is no diabetes in either side of my family. Stress does bring it out though, as mine was adult onset going the a divorce.

I agree on the artificial pancreas, but with shareholders of Eli
          Lilly and BD sitting on the FDA, it is not likely to be approved. No conflict of interest there.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That is a lot of responsibility for a 12 YO. I hate even checking my little ones, as I have had to do with the older two periodically. It seems like I'm checking them to see if they caught a curse that is going to be a PITA (at the very least) for the rest of their life. Good luck and let me know if you ever need anything. It is a challenge, for sure.
            Thanks, fella!

Comment

Working...
            X