Cops Beat Man ‘Resisting’ Arrest…Only to Find He’s in Diabetic Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black50 View Post
    wrong! my dad was non-diabetic with Hypoglycemia...his blood sugar could bottom out with no warning...he had a seizure one day, wrecked his truck into a concrete ditch and the cops hauled him away to jail for a dwi..once they got him back to the station they found out he hadnt had a drop...This was his first seizure behind the wheel and had his license pulled not to long after this accident and he never got behind the wheel again
    Your dad would be the exception, not the rule. Most are diabetics that got in a hurry, and screwed up.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      Your dad would be the exception, not the rule. Most are diabetics that got in a hurry, and screwed up.
      It is also diabetics who do not know that they have it. The lack of sugar to the brain is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
        It is also diabetics who do not know that they have it. The lack of sugar to the brain is the problem.
        That is certainly excusable the first time, but in both cases cited in this thread, the drivers knew that they were diabetic. I'm glad that Matt's driver was cited, though not likely as severly as should have been.

Comment

Not usually. Undiagnosed type IIs will have high blood sugars, not lows. The first time their Dr puts them on glucophage, is a different story.
          86 SVO - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

In before the redneck cops... oh wait .. nevermind..

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Not usually. Undiagnosed type IIs will have high blood sugars, not lows. The first time their Dr puts them on glucophage, is a different story.
              Honestly I don't know much about diabetics, I was just passing what my mom said, who is a diabetic educator. After reading this thread I started asking her about it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                In before the redneck cops... oh wait .. nevermind..

Stevo
                Yet nobody is defending these cops actions. You sound like a parrot.

Comment

i just read the title, not the story..

FTP

Comment

Honestly I don't know much about diabetics, I was just passing what my mom said, who is a diabetic educator. After reading this thread I started asking her about it.
                    I'm a pump wearing type 1, and the only real problem I've had is under a Dr's care. I set the hospital record for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar, not low) at 1172, and lived to talk about it. That's when I learned I better learn everything about this disease, as all it takes is a distracted Dr and nurses to nearly kill you. I've had this for 22 years.
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

I love the look that dumb motherfucker has when he holds up the vile of insulin. It's as if he knows he's in deep shit. It took six of those pussies to subdue him even though he was in a weakened state. Fucking LOL.

Comment

Ill defend the cops actions. The suspect likely was in a slow vehicle pursuit due to him not pulling over, which is a felony offense. The suspect is offering up defensive resistance to officers commands and attempts to handcuff him. The officers are not aware he is a diabetic and in (diabetic shock)like everyone on this board is. So in their eyes they have a felon that is resisting so they are trained to go hard and fast to gain custody of the individual so everyone goes home. Felons don't like to go to jail and officers get hurt or die when they don't feel like going to jail. You guys need to take out the fact you know the outcome that the guy is diabetic. The officers do not know that at the time. All they know is they have a guy that has committed a felony offense.

That is my opinion. The media edited and put a spin on how they want the public to perceive it. I would like to see the DVR footage of before the vehicle stops. Remember monday morning quarterbacking is easy when you have all the information layed out in front of you. Not so when you have a second to act on what you've witnessed.

Now the front kick to the drivers window made me laugh.

Comment

I'm a pump wearing type 1, and the only real problem I've had is under a Dr's care. I set the hospital record for hyperglycemia (high blood sugar, not low) at 1172, and lived to talk about it. That's when I learned I better learn everything about this disease, as all it takes is a distracted Dr and nurses to nearly kill you. I've had this for 22 years.
                          I took care of an 18yr old Type I in the ER a couple years ago that was basically dead...and would have been had his friends waited 10 more mins to bring him in. His blood glucose was 1550!

Here's the link in Canada about it...

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                            Ill defend the cops actions. The suspect likely was in a slow vehicle pursuit due to him not pulling over, which is a felony offense. The suspect is offering up defensive resistance to officers commands and attempts to handcuff him. The officers are not aware he is a diabetic and in (diabetic shock)like everyone on this board is. So in their eyes they have a felon that is resisting so they are trained to go hard and fast to gain custody of the individual so everyone goes home. Felons don't like to go to jail and officers get hurt or die when they don't feel like going to jail. You guys need to take out the fact you know the outcome that the guy is diabetic. The officers do not know that at the time. All they know is they have a guy that has committed a felony offense.

That is my opinion. The media edited and put a spin on how they want the public to perceive it. I would like to see the DVR footage of before the vehicle stops. Remember monday morning quarterbacking is easy when you have all the information layed out in front of you. Not so when you have a second to act on what you've witnessed.

Now the front kick to the drivers window made me laugh.
                            LOL, and that makes it OK for the officer to run up and kick him in the face while there are 4 or 5 other cops holding him down.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              I took care of an 18yr old Type I in the ER a couple years ago that was basically dead...and would have been had his friends waited 10 more mins to bring him in. His blood glucose was 1550!

Here's the link in Canada about it...

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...hlight=lactate
                              1550 fuck!!! Ive personally seen 600 and I thought that was high

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                                LOL, and that makes it OK for the officer to run up and kick him in the face while there are 4 or 5 other cops holding him down.
                                Nope, it doesn't. That officer is an idiot and deserves to lose his job and be in jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X