Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking.

Comment

Lol being in the fetal position is resisting arrest too.

I hate cops.
      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
        Why was the dude speeding weaving through lanes at 4am?
        Did i just read that wrong?
        Is Being in diabetic shock not like a seizure?
        When your blood sugar dips too low, it's very much like being drunk. You have a tendency to space out and feel like you just want to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
          Is Being in diabetic shock not like a seizure?
          No, it's like a lethargic state of slurred speech lack of balance and a few other symptoms, if much lower a person can go into a diabetic coma. I learned this after a close friend found out he was diabetic he's a high enough level he's on an insulin pump but some aren't just I or low they can greatly vary which is most likely this persons case.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            Most severe diabetics are told to wear a special bracelet that is supposed to be a signal in instances like these. That being said it is completely unacceptable to kick someone in the face cop or no cop unless the guy has a weapon of some sort.
            What is a severe diabetic?

Comment

Not sure the guy I referred to in my other post was gave one and told to wear it, like I said he's type 1.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

That coule be me one day!

Comment

Comment

The proper payback for this cop is for me to administer enough insulin to drop his blood sugar to about 25, and then see how well he responds to police commands, while they beat the living shit out of him. I've got plenty of insulin, and I'll pay my way out there. They can televise it nationally, as it would be a good learning experience for all.

I'm game.

Cops like this don't deserve to wear a uniform.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

In 2003 I was working North mids when we got a call of a DWI heading south on I35. He had hit a half dozen cars and rubbed several hundred feet of guardrail. It was after a race had let out from TMS and we were already inundated with drunk drivers.

We caught up to him at NE28th and he exited going west. He was lit up and he failed to stop, so we had a low speed pursuit up Deen and into a neighborhood.

He was bouncing off curbs and hit a parked car. He was one of the worst drunks I have ever seen.

When he pulled into his driveway, he didn't respond to verbal commands, He was pulled from the car (in not a nice way) and failed to respond to commands to put his hands behind him while on the ground. He didn't smell drunk, and two officers that were there started getting rough, but I began to think it was medical. I ordered the two young officers away noticed that he wasn't intoxicated. I sat him up (handcuffed) and a woman ran out of the house saying he was diabetic. I was so glad that I stopped something that could have been bad.

His blood sugar had bottomed out, and I found it amazing that he could not drive, caused about a dozen accidents, but could still have the ability to make it to his driveway.

This was all before my youngest was diagnosed Type 1. I am now VERY familiar with diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        In 2003 I was working North mids when we got a call of a DWI heading south on I35. He had hit a half dozen cars and rubbed several hundred feet of guardrail. It was after a race had let out from TMS and we were already inundated with drunk drivers.

We caught up to him at NE28th and he exited going west. He was lit up and he failed to stop, so we had a low speed pursuit up Deen and into a neighborhood.

He was bouncing off curbs and hit a parked car. He was one of the worst drunks I have ever seen.

When he pulled into his driveway, he didn't respond to verbal commands, He was pulled from the car (in not a nice way) and failed to respond to commands to put his hands behind him while on the ground. He didn't smell drunk, and two officers that were there started getting rough, but I began to think it was medical. I ordered the two young officers away noticed that he wasn't intoxicated. I sat him up (handcuffed) and a woman ran out of the house saying he was diabetic. I was so glad that I stopped something that could have been bad.

His blood sugar had bottomed out, and I found it amazing that he could not drive, caused about a dozen accidents, but could still have the ability to make it to his driveway.

This was all before my youngest was diagnosed Type 1. I am now VERY familiar with diabetes.
                        As far as I'm concerned, that is no less irresponsible than drunk driving. If you know that you have a problem, then you make damn sure that you are okay to drive before getting behind the wheel. What if he had strayed into the oncoming lane, and took out a family? Was the guy cited?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          As far as I'm concerned, that is no less irresponsible than drunk driving. If you know that you have a problem, then you make damn sure that you are okay to drive before getting behind the wheel. What if he had strayed into the oncoming lane, and took out a family? Was the guy cited?
                          I think you could get them for reckless driving, but it would not be "under the influence" of any drug, although theoretically, it is too much insulin which causes the low.

Always check before driving...
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            I think you could get them for reckless driving, but it would not be "under the influence" of any drug, although theoretically, it is too much insulin which causes the low.

DWI, driving while impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              There were several wrecks worked on the state for because of him. He was cited, and there was also a MAB form sent to the state (Medical Advisory Board).

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                                although theoretically, it is too much insulin which causes the low.

wrong! my dad was non-diabetic with Hypoglycemia...his blood sugar could bottom out with no warning...he had a seizure one day, wrecked his truck into a concrete ditch and the cops hauled him away to jail for a dwi..once they got him back to the station they found out he hadnt had a drop...This was his first seizure behind the wheel and had his license pulled not to long after this accident and he never got behind the wheel again

Comment

Working...
                                X