Starting up a interior design company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting up a interior design company

How hard is it to start up your own company, since my lady isnt doing anything but sitting at home collecting a small check from the government i figured why not start up something she likes doing. Are there any licenses or permits we would have to get before actually taking a job?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

1st
    WRX

Comment

You may need to get your man license renewed after this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        You may need to get your man license renewed after this thread.
        ha.

post up some pics of your house. i may be able to save you some time and money.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not being a smart ass, you mentioned she likes doing it but is she any good at it?

I like painting and im sure that BlackSnake guy wouldn't let me 100 yards near his operation...
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Every female is an interior designer, just like everyone is a photographer.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Every female is an interior designer, just like everyone is a photographer.
              Hey, I'm a bad ass photographer.....
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

there isn't a whole lotta money in it unless you are in with a rich crowd, i.e. church, social gatherings, etc. Then the rich people that can afford interior designers will hire based upon recommendations and guilt.

I've known plenty of people, some who went to college for it, and others who just thought they were awesome at it, give it a run on their own. All of them are either working in a marketing position with a home goods company, in a retail store, or housewives. None of them are interior designers

Comment

don't do it, you WILL lose money. My SIL was degreed in that shit and was fairly good at it but never made any money and was always called to appointments at night when people were home from work.

Comment

F1 drivers have nothing on me.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well she's actually pretty good at it, currently a co-worker of mine does home repairs and I have talked to him about her being his cad/interior designer and he agreed and we are thinking about starting that route to get her clientel* up for now, he has a pretty big and rich clientel list but has never had anyone to do the interior design part for him. But I was thinking just starting one where she can work from home and start off small, shit who knows she could be a big name and i could just sit back and count the money coming in

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Hey, I'm a bad ass photographer.....
                        You just keep taking pictures of those asses. You'll get better with time.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                          Well she's actually pretty good at it, currently a co-worker of mine does home repairs and I have talked to him about her being his cad/interior designer and he agreed and we are thinking about starting that route to get her clientel* up for now, he has a pretty big and rich clientel list but has never had anyone to do the interior design part for him. But I was thinking just starting one where she can work from home and start off small, shit who knows she could be a big name and i could just sit back and count the money coming in
                          sounds like she has you convinced of her alternate reality

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            sounds like she has you convinced of her alternate reality

Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                              Not being a smart ass, you mentioned she likes doing it but is she any good at it?

I like painting and im sure that BlackSnake guy wouldn't let me 100 yards near his operation...
                              lol. Point taken.

I have to be honest with ya on starting a Interior Design company/business right now. Though our economy seems to be getting a little better in the trades, I do not see the demand for ID'ers yet. People have been picking out their own stuff for quite some time now and the few I know that are still in business have been doing it for a loooong time. And they are not doing all that great.

However...good luck to you both if you decide to go for it.

Hint...Spend tons of time at the Dallas Market Center
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X