For those who know disabled soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who know disabled soldiers

The VA has a new program out to help with expenses. If you have a caregiver and have a disability rating the Va will evaluate if you are qualified to receive additional funds for that caregiver (spouse, gf, etc) to help you get through the day.

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health care, disability, education, and more.

It's pretty interesting and the wife and I are working on getting it because as some here will tell you, I'm not exactly social and though I'd love to meet most of you, some....yeah.

Spread the word. The VA asked me to let other vets know this is out there
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Thanks man.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I have a neighbor that lost his legs in Iraq. I will forward this for sure.

Comment

No problem yall. I'm rated at "Moderate disability" so they're looking at about a grand a month in payments because my wife can't work with me being crazy. A grand a month will help a lot of vets.

And since it's so very rarely EVER said: To those who pay the taxes to pay us, to those who make it possible for my son to have a home, thank you.

Comment

I need to be reevaluated. I have called, sent emails, and sent letters to the Dallas VA Office and all I get is "we are all booked and we will call you when we have an appointment available." This has been going on for more than a year now

My Dad went through the same BS and finally went to Waco. He has been well taken care of ever since.

I have Degenerative Disc Disorder and Basil Cell Carcinoma Cancer and need to get in. Anyone know how to get in faster? I did 12.5 years and was Honorably Discharged....

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
            I need to be reevaluated. I have called, sent emails, and sent letters to the Dallas VA Office and all I get is "we are all booked and we will call you when we have an appointment available." This has been going on for more than a year now

My Dad went through the same BS and finally went to Waco. He has been well taken care of ever since.

I have Degenerative Disc Disorder and Basil Cell Carcinoma Cancer and need to get in. Anyone know how to get in faster? I did 12.5 years and was Honorably Discharged....
            I sat outside Waco with a sign saying the VA screws vets on ratings. I found my case manager and made an ass of myself until he evaluated me.

90% with individual unemployability =100%

Talk to your Senator and bug Waco. PM me and I'll give you some contacts
            Last edited by Forever_frost; 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X