No announcement yet.

Interesting Idea in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For registration, I'm pretty certain they are checking for insurance in the state DB. Just because you're not providing them an insurance card, doesn't mean they're not checking.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      That makes me feel better. Glad to hear you're enforcing the law. Is this a TX policy, or FW only? And how do they get out of jail? Do they still get tickets? Funny how they can come up with money to get out of jail, but not to buy insurance.
      I go by our policy.

The deal is they get the tickets and can't get out out of jail until they pay. If they don't show up for court, they forfeit the money, which is what a lot of illegals do.

Since Mexico won't cooperate with the US as far as records go, we may never know their true identity.

I've said this before, something that frustrates me is that our government does not know who is in our country, but Mexico will issue a counselor ID card with a US address on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Umm I didn't have to prove it to renew my license or register any of my vehicles or renew their tags.
        That's because they run your VIN or plate before they will give you a registration or renew plates.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          That's because they run your VIN or plate before they will give you a registration or renew plates.
          Ahh got it. Thank you for the information
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Stupid idea. What's to stop them from bringing another insured car with gas cans and making a run? Or stealing someone's plate? Or even paying someone who is filling up, cash to pass the hose? For every complex way we create to track or regulate an individuals activities, they will create ten simple ways to skirt it.

Also, restricting a businesses' right to sell gas to anyone is complete bullshit. If I'm a gas station owner, I'll sell to whomever I please. My customer's financial responsibility is not my concern. I'm just glad they're shopping at my station.

This country might be sliding into the seventh circle of hell, but at least we're not British.

We might have more irresponsible drivers, but at least we have toothbrushes.

Comment

I guarantee that number is waaaaaay off in Texas.
              I read an artickle in the DMN a few month ago. It is about 25% here in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                What?
                lol
                Fred Loya is one of the documented companies that will refuse to pay your claim when you need them to. Crooked bastards. What can you expect from a company that is happy to work with the illegals?

Comment

Yes. If someone doesn't have ID, they go to jail and the vehicle is towed.

If they have ID, they get tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    Inspection yes, but not registration. I do my renewals online and everything is mailed. I don't walk into the DMV unless absolutely necessary. I'm vehemently opposed to the federal government doing it but it is an interesting thought for the state. No insurance? No gas. No DL or illegal? No gas.

Pretty much solves the problem. Have ICE sitting there to pick up the illegals who can no longer get away and deport them to a country of our choosing.
                    When I mail my registration in, I still have to show proof of insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      When I mail my registration in, I still have to show proof of insurance.
                      Odd. I haven't ever had to.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I am not on the side of the "more cameras, ban guns, ban knives, ban and prosecute for self defense" side of things. Those people are worse sheep than the people of the U.S.

Comment

Could this be the first step to taxing us by the miles driven? In addition to the taxes already levied...
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
                            I'm insured so it doesn't bother me. I don't see it infringing upon anyone's rights to cross reference with data like that. As stated earlier though, it could be used for the wrong purpose. But then again; can't everything?
                            Just teasing you on your first sentance that brings something to mind and following Talisman's lead:

First they came for the communists,
                            and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
                            and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
                            and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
                            and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

Comment

Working...
                            X