AT&T sucks donkey balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T sucks donkey balls

So three weeks ago I call AT&T for phone service at my shop because thats what the landlord says was out here. So I set up dual lines and internet service. They call back several hours latter and say they cant supply internet at my address but I can do an air card type setup. Whatever, lets do it. Next day they call up and say "We need a $500 deposit for the main lines and another $500 deposit for the air card". I tell them no thanks and will stick with my Verizon cell phone.

They call back an hour latter and waive the deposit for the land line and say a tech will call me within 48 hours for install. Couple days go by and nothing. I call back and they apologize and say a tech will call me Monday (week has passed). Monday comes and goes with no call so i call them again and am assured that a tech will be there by Friday. I am also assured for the 3rd time that the number they gave me will in fact be my shops number. So I go ahead and have cards made. Friday comes and still no tech. I call again and am told my order was canceled..... no idea why. So the lady fixes it and makes sure my phone number is locked in since I just spent a couple hundred on cards and stuff with that freaking number.

So today the tech comes to install service....... only he cant. Turns out AT&Ts service line stops 182 feet up the road.

Called up Windstream and 30 minutes latter had service, no deposit. Now I have to wait a couple days for them to port the AT&T number over...... which AT&T gets to charge me for. Fuggin AT&T.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

They have been sucking for years now. I got tired of dropping calls and decided that I was going to switch to Verizon wireless, I have not had any problems and very seldom do I drop any calls now.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      So three weeks ago I call AT&T for phone service at my shop because thats what the landlord says was out here. So I set up dual lines and internet service. They call back several hours latter and say they cant supply internet at my address but I can do an air card type setup. Whatever, lets do it. Next day they call up and say "We need a $500 deposit for the main lines and another $500 deposit for the air card". I tell them no thanks and will stick with my Verizon cell phone.

They call back an hour latter and waive the deposit for the land line and say a tech will call me within 48 hours for install. Couple days go by and nothing. I call back and they apologize and say a tech will call me Monday (week has passed). Monday comes and goes with no call so i call them again and am assured that a tech will be there by Friday. I am also assured for the 3rd time that the number they gave me will in fact be my shops number. So I go ahead and have cards made. Friday comes and still no tech. I call again and am told my order was canceled..... no idea why. So the lady fixes it and makes sure my phone number is locked in since I just spent a couple hundred on cards and stuff with that freaking number.

So today the tech comes to install service....... only he cant. Turns out AT&Ts service line stops 182 feet up the road.

Called up Windstream and 30 minutes latter had service, no deposit. Now I have to wait a couple days for them to port the AT&T number over...... which AT&T gets to charge me for. Fuggin AT&T.

Thats pretty messed up, though you can't expect much more from companies these days. Why did you have to have the business cards made prior to everything being setup already?
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

pics?
        Ded

Comment

How many cards did a couple of hundred dollars buy you? 10 thousand?
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
            Thats pretty messed up, though you can't expect much more from companies these days. Why did you have to have the business cards made prior to everything being setup already?
            I was waiting on the cards but was getting asked so often for cards I decided to go ahead and get them since AT&T said several times "Yes, that is your number. It is locked into your account now and we will have no problem installing service at your location."
            Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            How many cards did a couple of hundred dollars buy you? 10 thousand?
            Sorry my bad, it was actually $170. That was for 2000 cards (1000 for me and 1000 for my partner) that are made from the better card stock, appointment notes on the back side, rounded corners and shipping. Also my "friend" hit me with a $30 design charge after the fact.
            Meh, next batch will be $140 shipped and they are pretty bad ass cards.

..... well I like them anyway.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Well, if people are looking for a card then I guess you have to give the mass what they want. Just good that it wasnt a $500 order or something large...$170 is a bit of change but not as bad...

Lesson learned: Fuck AT&T
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Anyone in the business hates ATT. I'm pretty sure ATT hates ATT.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

AT&T is the worst company in America

Comment

I had an at&t aircard and it gave me constant blue screens of death, sometimes within a minute of plugging it in, and sometimes within an hour. Had the latest drivers installed and that did not help. Swapped the aircard out - no help. It was a "sierra wireless" card.

I went with sprint and was very satisfied for a long time. Now sprint has issues with system capacity and my aircard is becoming worthless. Time to switch to verizon.

Comment

Ive had Verizon Wireless for a decade and always liked it. Never overcharged me, always have service and my Droid still lasts all day without recharging. Plus they have good customer service.

Comment

That is complete bullshit, PM me the techs name and I will see if a co worker of mine knows him. 182ft is not shit when it comes to running a drop. I place drops that are over 1000 feet and have them buried all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
                          That is complete bullshit, PM me the techs name and I will see if a co worker of mine knows him. 182ft is not shit when it comes to running a drop. I place drops that are over 1000 feet and have them buried all the time.
                          I dunno what his name was. I didnt care one lick about him after being informed he couldnt run a line after AT&T screwed me around for over two weeks.
                          We stood by my front gate and pointed at a whie pole up the street and said "Thats 182' from here and I cant run a line here."

Comment

Working...
                          X