Christmas for a disabled Vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas for a disabled Vet

As most of yall know, I just attended a disabled vet conference up in DC last week. Up there, I met some friends (those who have been in the service know how you can meet someone and be instantly old friends) who are still working their way through the VA. He was shot in the head (like me) and lost an eye in combat.

Well, we get back Thursday and Saturday morning I get the call that his wife was hit in an accident. Her and the kids are fine, but the car is totaled and his job just laid him off claiming he was too unstable (he was holding a sign on a road crew). He has severe PTSD and a traumatic brain injury so I don't doubt cars passing him set him off.

So, the clencher. He's now unemployed, suffering from severe PTSD, has one eye, severe TBI, his wife is unemployed and their car is totaled and they have a 8 week old and a 16 month old to look after. Would anyone want to help me make sure this warrior actually has a Christmas?

I made him a paypal and here's his email address: oneeyedfox13@yahoo.com
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

A picture of him.

Him and his family

Comment

News article on him

Comment

sorry to hear! i wish could give but i already spent my donation money this year for Toys for Tots and Kim(MutherjuggZ)

Comment

The wife and I will send something tonight.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Thanks yall. I appreciate any help. I have never asked for help pretty much anywhere, but this isn't for me so I think it's okay

Comment

Looks like a couple hundred bucks worth of hockey gear there.

Comment

Is that paypal account straight to him or will you process it and send him a check?

Comment

It is his. I don't have any access to it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Looks like a couple hundred bucks worth of hockey gear there.

Oh be nice Dave ya never know when someone hit their hard times...

If you walk in my home, it's clean, there are nice things I've been given or collected over the years, I had a really great paying job at one point that made it possible for me to do things like get a big screen TV and other what-nots. For all we know that gear was donated to him
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      It is his. I don't have any access to it at all.
                      Cool. Was not really thinking anything, just curious. Thanks for posting up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post

If you walk in my home, it's clean, there are nice things I've been given or collected over the years, I had a really great paying job at one point that made it possible for me to do things like get a big screen TV and other what-nots. For all we know that gear was donated to him
                        It probably was donated, said so in the article that OP posted.

Comment

I have given several hundred dollars to people's causes around here but this one just doesnt sit well with me. I had PTSD yet I still kept a job and kept my grades up in school. He's got two kids in diapers and cant keep a job? I expect more from a military type. Sounds to me like he is milking the PTSD/injury for sympathy. I could be wrong. He is able-bodied so he needs to get a job. Also, its not like his kids are old enough to understand Christmas and they wouldnt know if Santa doesnt come.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            It probably was donated, said so in the article that OP posted.
                            ah hah! Told ya Dave!
                            Originally posted by Vertnut
                            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

ah hah! Told ya Dave!
                              Doesnt matter if it was donated. He cant put food on the table for his family so he shouldnt be playing hockey. Sell that shit on CL. I wonder if either or both smoke cigarettes?

Comment

Working...
                              X