Interesting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    The defense industry hasn't taken their hit yet. There will be another big round of layoffs unless we land some really substantial international stuff.
    In progress. My program just stopped production last year and haven't negotiated with the military for the nex 5 years. The military already got their $$ chopped and it's effecting us.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I'm sure everything will get better once Obama gets re-elected this year. You think shits bad now? Just wait. It will get better in about 8 months. We're fucked.

Comment

My company just laid off 530 people last month. While I still have a job, there are a lot of folks out there that definitely don't feel like they are kicking ass right now.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          This is why I'm asking. Not so I can find a excuse to vote for him. Personally I hate the guy and wish he had never even ran. Much less win. But this is a strange event happening at a bad time for us Republicans.

And remember, I ended my thread post with, "school me."

Also I didnt say that Obama did anything. Only that this is happening under our present goverment.
          It isn't a strange event, the liberal media is twisting things as much as possible to make the economy look good. If this was a Republican president they would have an unemployment ticker on TV at all times, instead we have the opposite. The labor force participation rate (the denominator in the unemployment calculation) is stretched to the limit of credibility to make him look better. The stock market reflects all of this nonsense, granted it is and has been oversold for quite a while when valued on an earnings basis.

When I said "guys like you" will re-elect him I wasn't accusing you specifically, I'm just saying that there are a lot of people who will say exactly what you said in your first post and give him credit for the rosey smell the media is putting off. Really, it is the only chance he has, no president has ever been re-elected with unemployment as high as it will be when this election comes around.

One of the best things that could happen before this election comes around would be $6 gas. No one will bat an eye over $5 gas because we have been there but $6 will sink his approval rating. The hedge funds may be able to make it happen too. I hope they do, we need to get rid of this idiot and get someone with the ability to lead people instead of divide them.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            Don't expect anything but Obama hate from this site, right or wrong.
            Don't be surprised since... Hey! You live in Texas! Last I checked it was a predominately red state? No? That's like going into DC and being flabberghasted when about 99.9% of the people you run into are all about how the Bush administration has been the fault of everything since the Great Depression.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            It isn't a strange event, the liberal media is twisting things as much as possible to make the economy look good.
            But there's no such thing as a "liberal media!" Just like how CNN totes the "no bull" slogan and Fox is full of right winged, religious, Bible thumpers.

Comment

If you want to gauge the current leader on finances, look at the deficite numbers. Not how people with jobs and at least one hobby are doing.

Its also tax refund time so people are spending. Its also Spring, so your business is doing well. Don't be misled by liberal media or how our ears can be tickled when we hear what we want hear.
              WRX

Comment

He's added $4 trillion to our debt...in less than 4 years. Obama-care hasn't even kicked in, and the CBO (a no-political group) says it's severely "unsustainable". 6 million jobs are gone...GONE. Though unemployment is 8.3% (which is highly debatable), the under-employment rate is staggering. We still don't even have a budget! After 3 full years, our president has been spending money that is not even budgeted! If there's not a budget in your household, what do you do? Spend without discretion. He has pumped BILLIONS of OUR tax dollars into "green energy" companies that are failing on a weekly basis, in return for contributions from these failed companies. His "jobs czar" (Jeffrey Immelt) with GE) pays few tax dollars on GE's income, because most of his production is out of the country. I'm in the housing industry, and I see NO recovery at this point. With rates at an all time low (in recorded history), home sales are still dismal. There's never been an economic recovery in this country without homes sales doing well.

Other than that, shit is just wonderful!

Comment

This fall he'll go around telling everyone how Romney is an "out of touch rich guy" while forgetting he is a liberal Ivy league law professor with no experience in government.
                  In the meanwhile, he came to Houston last weekend charging people 10,000 to shake his hand and $35,000 a pop to meet him and have dinner.
                  See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    If you want to gauge the current leader on finances, look at the deficite numbers. Not how people with jobs and at least one hobby are doing.

Its also tax refund time so people are spending. Its also Spring, so your business is doing well. Don't be misled by liberal media or how our ears can be tickled when we hear what we want hear.
                    Nah. I have been in business for 31 years now. I'm not fooled and neither are most of my friends that are experiencing the same thing. This is not the typical spring rush happening here. Small business is on the rise, and this is coming from every tradesmen I know.
                    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      He's added $4 trillion to our debt...in less than 4 years. Obama-care hasn't even kicked in, and the CBO (a no-political group) says it's severely "unsustainable". 6 million jobs are gone...GONE. Though unemployment is 8.3% (which is highly debatable), the under-employment rate is staggering. We still don't even have a budget! After 3 full years, our president has been spending money that is not even budgeted! If there's not a budget in your household, what do you do? Spend without discretion. He has pumped BILLIONS of OUR tax dollars into "green energy" companies that are failing on a weekly basis, in return for contributions from these failed companies. His "jobs czar" (Jeffrey Immelt) with GE) pays few tax dollars on GE's income, because most of his production is out of the country. I'm in the housing industry, and I see NO recovery at this point. With rates at an all time low (in recorded history), home sales are still dismal. There's never been an economic recovery in this country without homes sales doing well.

Other than that, shit is just wonderful!
                      THIS...is what I need.
                      Photobucket

Comment

Nah. I have been in business for 31 years now. I'm not fooled and neither are most of my friends that are experiencing the same thing. This is not the typical spring rush happening here. Small business is on the rise, and this is coming from every tradesmen I know.
                        That is because so many of them went out of business three years ago. Any uptick in demand is going to mean your phone will be ringing like crazy.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Usually after a President takes office, it takes about 3/5 years for what they set into place to take effect. We are at about 4 with the newly elect.
                          We're at 3 years, 1 month, and a few weeks.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Don't be surprised since... Hey! You live in Texas! Last I checked it was a predominately red state? No? That's like going into DC and being flabberghasted when about 99.9% of the people you run into are all about how the Bush administration has been the fault of everything since the Great Depression.
                            Oh, I'm not surprised in the least. However, this board is not really an accurate representation of the state of Texas.

Comment

That is because so many of them went out of business three years ago. Any uptick in demand is going to mean your phone will be ringing like crazy.
                              True. My subs that are left are busy. They aren't making much money, but they're able to pay the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                                Oh, I'm not surprised in the least. However, this board is not really an accurate representation of the state of Texas.
                                I think it's a pretty fair cross-section. Remember...Texas has only had 3 Republican governors since 1875. A typical Texan democrat is nothing like a typical northern democrat.

Comment

Working...
                                X