Custom made/tailored shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom made/tailored shirts

Anyone have any recommendations for a place to go to get some custom fit dress shirts? I have broad shoulders and anything that fits in my shoulders/neck looks like I am wearing a parachute on my back 0_o

I've tried the athletic cut and even had a few tailored but overall just not happy with the fit. Looked at online custom shirts but wanted something local first to compare before ordering a few.

Does Culwell & Sons tailor? (sp)

Also, I am sure there are a few places at Highland Park Village you could try.

Comment

Holy crap I was just looking this up as well!

Comment

I was thinking about using blanklabel.com but wanted a local one first.

Comment

Most dry cleaners will have existing shirts altered to your size. I think it is $10 a seam or something like that. If its just the back that needs adjusting I would guess $20 but I would check with a nearby dry cleaners to get a price. If you have any shirts that fit you well, I would see if the can alter your other shirts to match that, if measuring and then alter wasn't sufficient.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Most dry cleaners will have existing shirts altered to your size. I think it is $10 a seam or something like that. If its just the back that needs adjusting I would guess $20 but I would check with a nearby dry cleaners to get a price. If you have any shirts that fit you well, I would see if the can alter your other shirts to match that, if measuring and then alter wasn't sufficient.
            I haven't been happy with the results I have had from tailors. I am wanting a made for me shirt from a local store, preferably somewhere someone here has first had experience with.

Comment

there are several companies that do this in home.

A friend's wife used to sell them, but she's not doing it anymore, I'll see if I can find the company name.

Comment

i think i found it on the first try.

Build your wardrobe for the office and any special occasion with Tom James' customized suits, blazers and custom dresses. Get started today.

They definitely aren't cheap, but aren't outrageous when you consider what you are getting

Comment

Fernando
                  214-534-8539

He's reasonable and he will come to your home or office to sell you. We get all of our stuff from him.
                  BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                  BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                  Fernando Perez
                  Alijandra Perez
                  Mesquite, Texas
                  214-680-1415

Comment

Gariani's

Comment

I've always used Ken's Man's Shop in at Preston/Royal. link Tell Kory I sent you if you go here.

My boss just quit using Tom James and switched to Anthony (Gariani). His web site is here and he is located off Arapaho and the Tollway.
                      Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      i think i found it on the first try.

Build your wardrobe for the office and any special occasion with Tom James' customized suits, blazers and custom dresses. Get started today.

They definitely aren't cheap, but aren't outrageous when you consider what you are getting
                      Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                      Gariani's

Comment

My boss' shirts are all custom, @ $500/pop. GL with that.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I just saw something in Maxim on this...

Here it is: http://jhilburn.com/default.aspx

On the lower right of the page you can look up local "Style Advisers". They come to you and do all of the measuring, then you order online.

Way too fancy pants for me.

Comment

no embroidered initials, no care

Comment

I've used J Hilburn with good success. They are made to measure shirts. There are several reps around the area.

There is always Lombardos if you are up for the $$$.

Comment

Working...
                              X