poison ivy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    Have a pit with cropped ears lick the afflicted area.

Comment

Get the shot. I accidentally pissed in some poison ivy, the next day my dick and foreskin was swelled so bad it looked like I was fucking a Crispy Creme donut.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      A Must See Movie for Jamie Pressly fans.....

Oh hell yeah...

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
      I'm going to have to check Netflix for that movie when i get home, love me some Jaime Pressley!
      About to do the same. She has a ton of nude shots on the interweb.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I will occasionally get it if I hit a MTB trail that's been overgrown. I used to spend so much cash on Ivarest, etc adn then I found that works best for me is a hair dryer.

Just run it on low, about 6 inches from the rash and hit it til it starts to heat up. Feels like you are scratching it, but won't break the skin and helps keep it dry. usually only lasts a few days but the hairdryer makes it at least tolerable.

Comment

and don't ever burn a poison ivy or poison oak. It will get into your lungs and all over you.

I grew up not being allergic to it, but one time I crawled right through some while paintballing and had it all over my neck so I guess I am allergic now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            Verizon makes a poison ivy remedy?
            And one for the clap

Comment

just remember, poison oak/ ivy sumac doesn't spread once it is on you. the spots that show up after are where you received less contact. I was in the hospital for it once. we were smoking grapevine as kids and some had poison oak in it. got in my lungs... was a bad 2 weeks
              first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                just remember, poison oak/ ivy sumac doesn't spread once it is on you. the spots that show up after are where you received less contact. I was in the hospital for it once. we were smoking grapevine as kids and some had poison oak in it. got in my lungs... was a bad 2 weeks
                I call bullshit. It DOES spread once it gets on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  I used to get it and it didn't spread. Wherever the oil contacts your skin is where the allergic reaction to it will occur, and by then the oil will be essentially neutralized. Otherwise it would be contagious among individuals on contact, and I've never heard of such a thing happening.

Maybe Dr. Dave will chime in.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    nope. what happens is your body attacks the most concentrated areas of oil. which in turns leaves the less contacted areas un protected... which is why they break out later.
                    think about it.. if it actually spread from scratching or even from after flare up, you would never be able to get rid of it cause everybody scratches it (even in sleep).

the only thing that can spread is the oil of the plant after you come in contact with it. like you touched it with your hand and then wiped your face. after you remove the oil, the damage is done.
                    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post

the only thing that can spread is the oil of the plant after you come in contact with it. like you touched it with your hand and then wiped your face. after you remove the oil, the damage is done.
                      Yeah, got that crap in my eyes when a kid...a lot of it. Probably not as bad as the inhalation thing, but still sucked.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Go to cvs there is a soap that will wash the oils away that your allergic to is about $40 bucks but it will be gone very quickly im highly allergic to that shit and used the soap a few times with great success
                        81 LX
                        82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          Get a shot and prescription cream.
                          x2.

Go the doctor.

Comment

Dr / Shot or Bleach(1/2bleach half water) dap the bleach on the affected area to dry it out.
                            WRX

Comment

Poison Ivy + Hot Water = Heavenly feeling

I used to be highly allergic.. eyes swelling shut allergic. While it sucked I loved putting hot water on it.
                              Last edited by 94form2000z; 03-12-2012, 02:15 PM. Reason: dumbass typo

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                                Poison Ive + Hot Water = Heavenly feeling

I used to be highly allergic.. eyes swelling shut allergic. While it sucked I loved putting hot water on it.
                                yes i agree...
                                but there is this other stuff called burrow's solution (sp) it mixes like a paste worked on my eyes, and take saltwater baths... salt like you buy at the aquarium store.. it will draw out the infection and help soothe. when i was in the hospital i took many a salt bath for hours in order to get rid of it, or actually help with the discomfort
                                first class white trash

Comment

Working...
                                X