Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone good at making paracord lanyards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone good at making paracord lanyards?

I need a lanyard for this:

It doesn't have a hole for a loop, so I need a way to attach a lanyard without having a place to thread one through.

Guy I know makes a bunch of stuff....might be worth asking, his email is in that thread

Comment

My think bro-in-law can make one - hes made a bunch of the bracelets. He's a fireman in Coppell, so I'm sure I could get him to make you one. I have no clue how you'd do one for those though.

Comment

I hate that style of pliers. I really don't get the curved lip thing. I use hemostats and they are much easier to work with IMO. Just my two cents lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
          My think bro-in-law can make one - hes made a bunch of the bracelets. He's a fireman in Coppell, so I'm sure I could get him to make you one. I have no clue how you'd do one for those though.
          If you can, ask him for me please.

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
          I hate that style of pliers. I really don't get the curved lip thing. I use hemostats and they are much easier to work with IMO. Just my two cents lol
          It's for split rings:

For attaching split rings on fishing lures:

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
            do fireman use rope bracelets alot for work?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              If you can, ask him for me please.

It's for split rings:

For attaching split rings on fishing lures:

ahhh okay that makes sense. I dont use to many crank baits and usually just use the stock hooks. Everytime I've had to use those (pliers) to remove a hook from a fish its a pain because of the lip. Also makes it hard to bend a barb down for a gut hook.

Comment

It's pretty simple, you could probably do it yourself. I could give you some cord. If you don't want to Ill give it a shot, I still have some para-cord laying around somewhere.

I've actually got a keychain length lanyard that is completed at the house I would give you if we could find a way to attach it. It's camo colored, it has a para cord loop at one end and a split ring on the other (which seems appropriate). I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Best way I can think of to attach any lanyard would be to do a "cobra stitch" around one of the handles, similar to the way they wrap knife handles sometimes.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

youtube

Comment

PM sent.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                    George Orwell

Comment

If you don't already have something here is the one I have laying around.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I got a buddy selling them for 5/10 a pop.. can hook you up with his contact info. pm me if you'd like it.

Comment

Drill a hole through one of the handles?

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                            It's pretty simple, you could probably do it yourself. I could give you some cord. If you don't want to Ill give it a shot, I still have some para-cord laying around somewhere.

I've actually got a keychain length lanyard that is completed at the house I would give you if we could find a way to attach it. It's camo colored, it has a para cord loop at one end and a split ring on the other (which seems appropriate). I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Best way I can think of to attach any lanyard would be to do a "cobra stitch" around one of the handles, similar to the way they wrap knife handles sometimes.
                            It's the attaching part I have a problem with. There's no hole and I tried to drill one, no luck.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                            youtube
                            I looked there before posting.

Comment

Working...
                            X