FTP....Except the Sheriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    No, you idjit. I was trying to make the point that unless you work directly for the chief, you won't get any pressure from the chief. Shit rolls downhill, and you aren't near enough the top to see where it starts, and you aren't at the bottom to have it all land on you. Like your superiors you just pass it along, so you'll get it from your higher up.

To steal a line from Exlude

Really?

You think I live in an isolated cubicle to not know how things work?

I have classmates that are Captains, and I could be too, if I wanted to be a paper jockey and lose all contact with police work. How many times do you think a Captain puts on a uniform, jumps in a marked unit, and actually does hands-on police work?

Do you realize that a Captain is only 2 promotional exams away?

When I tested for Corporal/Detective, I came out #7 out of over 120 people.

When I tested for Sergeant, I was #2 by one point.

What would make anyone think I could not do as well for LT or Capt? It's just a test. Study some material and regurgitate answers.

If something jacked up were to come down the line, I'm sure as hell going to question it's validity before I pass it down to the troops.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Wow, this thread went south fast. I put FTP in the title; I should have known what the end result would be.

The FTP sharks will take any bait.

Lookie there! I have two on the line in this thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        Really?

You think I live in an isolated cubicle to not know how things work?

I have classmates that are Captains, and I could be too, if I wanted to be a paper jockey and lose all contact with police work. How many times do you think a Captain puts on a uniform, jumps in a marked unit, and actually does hands-on police work?

Do you realize that a Captain is only 2 promotional exams away?

When I tested for Corporal/Detective, I came out #7 out of over 120 people.

When I tested for Sergeant, I was #2 by one point.

What would make anyone think I could not do as well for LT or Capt? It's just a test. Study some material and regurgitate answers.

If something jacked up were to come down the line, I'm sure as hell going to question it's validity before I pass it down to the troops.
        Oh, lookie there. A tangent! Who said anything about your ability to advance. Yet again you prove Eric's point. Jesus christ man. "Just the facts, sir."

Is it really jacked up if your boss told you 'I'd like you to focus more on other things and not worry so much about others?' For example. "Sgt. Derp, I'd like you to have your guys focus more on calls and less on traffic." or vice versa.

Comment

I say fuck all law enforcement who don't obey the laws themselves.
          2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
            I say fuck all law enforcement.
            Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Fixed that for ya.
              I was thinking of putting that first but there have been some cool cops to let me off with warnings and such.
              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                I was thinking of putting that first but there have been some cool cops to let me off with warnings and such.
                They all break laws. No matter how small and mundane, or large and heinous, all of them do it. That's why I fixed your quote.

Comment

They all break laws. No matter how small and mundane, or large and heinous, all of them do it. That's why I fixed your quote.
                  I was going to post, but I see Matt posted 10 times that can only mean that someone said something that HE doesn't agree with and that started a e-shitstorm...

lmao!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I was going to post, but I see Matt posted 10 times that can only mean that someone said something that HE doesn't agree with and that started a e-shitstorm...

lmao!
                    Counting my posts again Henry, I'm going to expect a birthday card this year!

Comment

(11)

You would be suprised at the things I can see, especially when somoene gets butthurt in a thread...
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

(11)

You would be suprised at the things I can see, especially when somoene gets butthurt in a thread...
                        Like yourself in the mirror?

Comment

Like yourself in the mirror?
                          (12)

What would I be butthurt about Matt? You're the one crying in yet another FTP thread.
                          Let me guess, someone posted some inaccuracies about what LEO's do and you just had to post your opinion followed by you don't know what we (I) do so shut up, followed by you making fun of certain members that disagree with you or call you out for you deflecting an answer?

Amirite???

Comment

(12)

What would I be butthurt about Matt? You're the one crying in yet another FTP thread.
                            Let me guess, someone posted some inaccuracies about what LEO's do and you just had to post your opinion followed by you don't know what we (I) do so shut up, followed by you making fun of certain members that disagree with you or call you out for you deflecting an answer?

Amirite???

My ass is just fine.

I just have to keep reminding myself:

"You can't educate the willingly ignorant....."

Comment

Lucky 13...

My ass is just fine.

I just have to keep reminding myself:

"You can't educate the willingly ignorant....."

Comment

This thread makes me want to be a cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X