FTP....Except the Sheriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP135 View Post

DPS has nothing to do with DMV - that's run by TxDOT (the highway dept) and your local county tax office.
    Wrong. The DPS is part of the DMV (or vice-versa); here they are in the same building. There is even an on-duty DPS officer that is in charge of the DMV and has his office next to the desk where you get your license. Go to the Texas DPS website you will find all the information you need to renew your drivers license; if they have nothing to do with the DMV then why are they helping the DMV do their job?
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I am always at ease with the state boys. The city boys on the other hand make me cringe at times. I always do a double check whenever I pass one by. Btw, I've been in TX for 30+ years and have never seen a ranger. They are suppose to be the bad asses of TX, but I never hear about them.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
        I am always at ease with the state boys. The city boys on the other hand make me cringe at times. I always do a double check whenever I pass one by. Btw, I've been in TX for 30+ years and have never seen a ranger. They are suppose to be the bad asses of TX, but I never hear about them.
        To the best of my knowledge, while Rangers are LEO's, they don't act like regular LEO's. In everything I've ever seen them in they're more of an investigative force than a policing force, if that makes any sense.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^
          I get that they are plain clothes investigators, but you never hear about them on the news. Hell, I'm surprised we don't have one on this site. I guess they don't all run nos through their cherokee.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            It's because the sheriffs are elected, police chiefs are appointed.
            Really?

I think you are mistaken. That is generally true, but there is an exception in Texas.

Ennis is the only city I know that elects a City Marshal, who is the Police Chief.

And it doesn't matter because the Chief or Sheriff is not the one out writing tickets, the officer or deputies are.

In Tarrant County, the Sheriff has deputies that enforce the law in the unincorporated areas of the county, while the city enforces the law in the city limits.
            Last edited by 03trubluGT; 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

i know a lot of cops/officers/troopers/etc. and i usually get along with most

but the one pieceofshitasshole out of all of them is a dallas sheriff. go figure

not saying i dislike the DSO, just him in particular. hell even sheriffs that know him say the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                Really?

I think you are mistaken. That is generally true, but there is an exception in Texas.

Ennis is the only city I know that elects a City Marshal, who is the Police Chief.

And it doesn't matter because the Chief or Sheriff is not the one out writing tickets, the officer or deputies are.

In Tarrant County, the Sheriff has deputies that enforce the law in the unincorporated areas of the county, while the city enforces the law in the city limits.
                One city in the whole of Texas. Thanks for proving my point. And don't you think that the Sheriff/Chief dictate the kinds of things their officers police?

Comment

One city in the whole of Texas. Thanks for proving my point. And don't you think that the Sheriff/Chief dictate the kinds of things their officers police?
                  Well, lookie there.

I proved you wrong and you got sand in your vag.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sheriff/Chief does not dictate. The laws are to be enforced without prejudice.

Comment

Well, lookie there.

I proved you wrong and you got sand in your vag.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sheriff/Chief does not dictate. The laws are to be enforced without prejudice.
                    Where did I get sand in my vag? And if they don't, there's a strong correlation that they do. Just look at the DPD ticket statistics here the past few years. You were even a part of that thread.

Comment

Where did I get sand in my vag? And if they don't, there's a strong correlation that they do. Just look at the DPD ticket statistics here the past few years. You were even a part of that thread.
                      I've never had pressure from the Chief's office to either enforce or refrain from enforcing the law.

Now, there are cases of commanders putting pressure on officers to make more traffic stops or increase activity in one area or another, but that's usually to make themselves look good to the chief, not because he directed it.

You, and most others, have a habit of lumping different things together, when in fact they should be kept separate.

Comment

I've never had pressure from the Chief's office to either enforce or refrain from enforcing the law.

Now, there are cases of commanders putting pressure on officers to make more traffic stops or increase activity in one area or another, but that's usually to make themselves look good to the chief, not because he directed it.

You, and most others, have a habit of lumping different things together, when in fact they should be kept separate.
                        Is the chief your direct superior?

Comment

This is like being hit upside the head with an aluminum baseball bat with IRONY printed on the side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            This is like being hit upside the head with an aluminum baseball bat with IRONY printed on the side of it.
                            The odd were about 1:4 that you would have been one of the ones to make a post such as this.

Eric, I have the luxury of seeing one side of the fence for 23 years, and the other for 20 years.

It's unfortunate that people of your type have only one skewed view.

Comment

Is the chief your direct superior?
                              Where are you going with this?

Comment

Where are you going with this?
                                It's a yes or no question, sir.

Edit: No, I'm not going to do anything to your job, I'm going to prove a point.

Comment

Working...
                                X