FTP....Except the Sheriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP....Except the Sheriff

So the other day I was driving down the loop and saw a Texas DPS car and I immediately thought "fuck those guys!" to myself. A little further down the road I see a Sheriff's car and thought nothing of it. I realized that whenever I see a DPS, city Police, or most other law enforcement I immediately think of negative things that make me think FTP! However, Sheriff's Deputies do not bring out that thought in my head; there is a very clear separation for me between "typical" law enforcement, and the local Sheriff's office. Anyone else feel the same way?

I know I feel that way about the DPS because I immediately associate them with the DMV, and FUCK that place. Federal officers conjure up similar thoughts with all of their nonsense. Sheriffs don't bring up any negative thoughts, and I am not sure why. Maybe I watched too much Andy Griffith growing up.

Not that I hate cops, but I do have a strong distrust for them a good amount of the time, except the Sheriff's office. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else had noticed anything similar when they see different squad cars driving around.

Also, while typing this post out, I noticed what a funny word "Sheriff" is.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

I have never had a problem with any law enforcement. The only exception is that one bastard HEB cop that was mean mugging me inside the gas station. All other run-ins I never had any issues, and that number is probably 15ish.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Only issue i've had with a cop was when I was 18. I was driving down a road in the back of the pack in a 35MPH zone. I KNOW I was not speeding. I saw a cop on the other side of the road, he flips around, pulls me over for a 45 in a 35.

I figured he was radaring the pack and just grabbed me since I was in the back. ><

Past that, if I got pulled over it was because I was doing something dumb.

Comment

Before I moved to Texas I lived in Port St Lucie Florida. Anyone familiar with that area knows there is a lot of walking, especially 8 years ago when the town was just starting to boom. Anyways, I used to get pulled over all the damn time on my bicycle or walking. Shit pissed me off.
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

who gives a damn what you think of anyone whether police, fire, medical, fast food, lawyers, cars salesmen, business, sports.......just saying go back to sleep!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
            who gives a damn what you think of anyone whether police, fire, medical, fast food, lawyers, cars salesmen, business, sports.......just saying go back to sleep!!
            What makes you think anyone has been asleep yet, old man?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              What makes you think anyone has been asleep yet, old man?
              One can just assume.

Comment

Actually I'm the same way. Delta County doesn't elicit the same response as city or state boys
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                  Before I moved to Texas I lived in Port St Lucie Florida. Anyone familiar with that area knows there is a lot of walking, especially 8 years ago when the town was just starting to boom. Anyways, I used to get pulled over all the damn time on my bicycle or walking. Shit pissed me off.

lolz. Sir, I'm going to need to see your walking permit.

Only time I ever actually think "Fuck you" when I see a cop is if they are running radar, and that knows no departmental bounds.

Comment

Yes! The Sherriffs make a difference here, they do not give out frivilous tickets or abuse their authority.
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

It's because the sheriffs are elected, police chiefs are appointed.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        lolz. Sir, I'm going to need to see your walking permit.

Only time I ever actually think "Fuck you" when I see a cop is if they are running radar, and that knows no departmental bounds.
                        It didn't help that I always wore sleeveless t-shirts and had a few piercings back then too. I guess I looked "suspicious."

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          ...there is a very clear separation for me between "typical" law enforcement, and the local Sheriff's office.
                          Yes, there is a VERY clear difference - the sheriff is a politician. He's gotta kiss a certain amount of ass to stay in office. Local head of the Republican/Democratic party driving drunk 3rd time this week? Awww, just give him a ride home. Major campaign contributor slaps the wife around some? You really think that guy's gonna get arrested?

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          I know I feel that way about the DPS because I immediately associate them with the DMV...
                          DPS has nothing to do with DMV - that's run by TxDOT (the highway dept) and your local county tax office.

Deputy Sheriffs are forced into a bad spot - they're frequently expected to "help" the boss's campaign by donating money and off-duty time. If they don't do enough, they might be out of a job.

Current sheriff gets voted out of office? When the new sheriff comes in, they typically have to reapply for the job they already hold. If the new sheriff doesn't like them, or has political buddies that need jobs... they're out of a job.

There's a lot of great sheriffs in Texas, but there are some real douchebags too. Some get elected without having a bit of law enforcement experience.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            This.

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                            There's a lot of great sheriffs in Texas, but there are some real douchebags too. Some get elected without having a bit of law enforcement experience.

So you're saying that a TSA employee would have a great shot at being sheriff? lol
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              So you're saying that a TSA employee would have a great shot at being sheriff? lol
                              Much laughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X