Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people really not understand credit anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it is the parents fault too. Just recently I was looking over my credit report and my oldest son asked what I was doing and I sat him down and showed him what a credit report was and explained how important it was. That is something I never had.

Comment

Till this day, I still have same credit card since I was 18. I picked up my 2nd one in 2000, which I still have now. I learned to keep up with my credit ever since and it has payed off. Even helped the wifey build up her credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        Till this day, I still have same credit card since I was 18. I picked up my 2nd one in 2000, which I still have now. I learned to keep up with my credit ever since and it has payed off. Even helped the wifey build up her credit.
        Old accounts like that are awsome for credit scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
          Who needs credit when I got chooooooooo$$$$$$$$ choooooo$$$$$$$$
          LMAO we all know this is a lie. You don't even have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            Old accounts like that are awsome for credit scores.

Funny thing is that I didn't know about credit till years later. I just knew that I couldn't use it like crazy and not afford the bills. I was late by a couple days a few times, but was waived off. I had a bunch of accounts opened up from random places. I believe it was early to mid 2000 that I applied for something and I didn't get the best rate. That's when I started to read up on the credit. Had a rating of 520 or 530, don't remember. Took me awhile to get that # raised to where it's at now which is pretty damn good.

Comment

I learned about money and credit from watching idiots around me do stupid shit with it. I just did the complete opposite of what they did and it worked out great. Plus I was blessed with a great job and income at a young age and didn't feel it was right to piss that away. I'm naturally a tight ass and watch my money like a hawk. I've never balanced a check book in my life, but I can tell you the exact amount that is in each of my accounts because I keep a running tally in my head.

Comment

I was lucky to have an older brother that bombed his credit before I ever wanted anything that could require credit. I watched him screw up pretty bad and use bankruptcy to get out of it. Pretty educational seeing it unfold first hand.

Comment

Some people will never get it or any type of money management in general. I know a lot of peeps that count their chickens before they hatch.

Comment

You have no problem calling out someone for not understanding credit but you don't know the difference between you're and your.

Just sayin'

Comment

Cash
                      Rules
                      Everything
                      Around
                      Me

Comment

I use one of my cc for everything, and pay it off monthly. I also have other cards with balance transfer offers, so yes, I have some CC debt, but I pay well over the minimum, on time, and have never had an issue being approved for anything. I screwed myself with the debt part, but I'm not going to try and write it off with a BK, I just pay it off slowly, if the promo rate ends, I transfer it again...sucks, but I learned my lesson with it.

Cash is king is no longer really relevant these days. Credit is king....unless you have TONS of cash, and don't care.
                        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          LMAO we all know this is a lie. You don't even have a job.
                          Is Alex a stay at home mom?

Comment

Watched my parents suffer as a kid, watched the divorce happen and learned how things worked at a real young age... Started building credit on my 18th birthday and now watch others my age and some twice my age struggle to get stuff financed. Only thing that hurts me is a short credit history. Pay every bill a couple weeks before its due and always on top of it. My only problem is I can't save money for shit. Always see something I want to have.

Comment

I just wished people knew how much they could save/make when they use credit cards properly

Comment

I just make more than I spend and invest the rest. Got 2% financing on my F250 so I guess it is working out pretty well for me so far. When I went to finance my first vehicle I had to get a cosigner, because I had good credit but no loans for that much in my history (just credit cards).

Comment

Working...
                                X