nursing or RN’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Why is it that 99% of the nurses in the rest of the hospital have good attitudes, yet 99% of the nurses in ICU are cunts?
    lol..that odd. My place it is the other way around

Comment

If the economy stays bad a few more the pay will come down, IMO. I know of PTA's that are making less than they did 7 years ago due to the fact they are easily replaceable and new ones are lining up to take $10.50 a hour.

I'm a male RN also, but I only did it for around 9 months after graduation. Only thing about it I really miss is working nights, working 3 days a week, and the hospital I was at let us do our own scheduling. I'd often work S,M,T, nights and not come back till the following thursday. 8 day vacation without using PTO. I once worked it where I took 3 paid days, but didn't work for 16 days.

Otherwise it is just a job, can be a shitty one depending on your supervisors.

Comment

What ever you do, DO NOT take the course at NCTC Gainesville. They want you to flunk out there, really bad.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          If the economy stays bad a few more the pay will come down, IMO. I know of PTA's that are making less than they did 7 years ago due to the fact they are easily replaceable and new ones are lining up to take $10.50 a hour.

I'm a male RN also, but I only did it for around 9 months after graduation. Only thing about it I really miss is working nights, working 3 days a week, and the hospital I was at let us do our own scheduling. I'd often work S,M,T, nights and not come back till the following thursday. 8 day vacation without using PTO. I once worked it where I took 3 paid days, but didn't work for 16 days.

Otherwise it is just a job, can be a shitty one depending on your supervisors.
          What are you doing now?

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
          What ever you do, DO NOT take the course at NCTC Gainesville. They want you to flunk out there, really bad.
          LOL...everyone says that everywhere. Nursing school isnt easy but its not that bad. Its a different way of thinking. No memorizing, its all application questions. Clinicals are simple if you set yourself up correctly. I will tell you though, you dont learn that much in nursing school. You will learn much more in 3 months after with your first job.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            What are you doing now?

LOL...everyone says that everywhere. Nursing school isnt easy but its not that bad. Its a different way of thinking. No memorizing, its all application questions. Clinicals are simple if you set yourself up correctly. I will tell you though, you dont learn that much in nursing school. You will learn much more in 3 months after with your first job.
            After my first 4 or 5 months I was wondering why they even bother with all the schooling as a lot of it wasn't really relevant to the job. I didn't have intentions of sticking around in a hospital setting and was actually preparing for my GRE when my father passed away leaving me with a family business.

My intention with nursing was to become a family practitioner in a somewhat rural setting. I don't like having a boss. My boss at the hospital I worked at was aloof, but that kept her out of the way.

I've got a cousin that recently graduated from RN school who says the job situation in southern Florida sucks. She said new RN pay was down $1 from 07 when she started college.

Do you get any OT at your hospital? A good bud of mine worked 7 consecutive 3 month contracts at the same hospital T,F,S nights. He made $46/hr, which at the time was more than his wife who was a RNP. The contracts are now gone, unless you go to the worst of the worst hospitals. In my last month in Mar 06 I noticed a lot of Filipinos coming in.

Comment

It's easy to get a job here in ks, new grads signing for $25/hr which is good here. Waiting less than a month to start if you are at all competent

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                It's easy to get a job here in ks, new grads signing for $25/hr which is good here. Waiting less than a month to start if you are at all competent
                That's pretty good. Arkansas is a pretty low paying state. I think on nights/weekends I only made $24.

Starting base pay in smaller towns in southern Arkansas is still less than $20, and only about $.50 more than it was 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post

Nope, I know people who have switched schools and were very happy with their choice. We had to crack down on one of the directors there, because she was failing to her job.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X