Time for a new Fridge - Best Manufacturer Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new Fridge - Best Manufacturer Poll

Like the title states, we need a new fridge. So, based upon YOUR experience, who's the best manufacturer? I'm not really looking for features on a fridge, I'm wanting the best built. (For reasons I'll explain later, on of the manufacturers listed below will NEVER get my business again, in appliances.)
    GE
    0%
    Frigidaire
    0%
    LG
    0%
    Whirlpool
    0%
    Other - Please post up your preference
    0%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Alright, six minutes should be enough time to get the pole up....

EDIT: And naturally, there it is.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Ice in a cooler
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I love my Samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          Alright, six minutes should be enough time to get the pole up.....
          Story of my life... <rim shot>.
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I've got a s/s GE side by side. My issues with it are that the line to the water dispenser CONSTANTLY freezes, thus rendering it useless. Seems the ice doesn't freeze completely before it dumps, causing a lot of water build up in the bottom of the ice bin, which then freezes, which means the auger won't turn as it should. Minor annoyances, really. I've got a filter on the faucet, so I don't 'need' the dispenser on the fridge, but it would be nice to have. The build up/auger deal is easy to deal with, I just dump the bin, run hot water through it until it all melts, and put it back in. Have to do this about once a quarter.

Other than that, no issues. It's probably 6-7 yrs old at this point, and has never gone down.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I've got a s/s GE side by side. My issues with it are that the line to the water dispenser CONSTANTLY freezes, thus rendering it useless. Seems the ice doesn't freeze completely before it dumps, causing a lot of water build up in the bottom of the ice bin, which then freezes, which means the auger won't turn as it should. Minor annoyances, really. I've got a filter on the faucet, so I don't 'need' the dispenser on the fridge, but it would be nice to have. The build up/auger deal is easy to deal with, I just dump the bin, run hot water through it until it all melts, and put it back in. Have to do this about once a quarter.

Other than that, no issues. It's probably 6-7 yrs old at this point, and has never gone down.
              We have a white GE side by side that's 8 years old and the defroster heating element has now been replaced twice. The latest version of this part is a dual element unit, and though it's relatively easy to replace it could get expensive for someone who needed an appliance repair shop to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                I love my Samsung.
                x2! Got a Samsung about 6 months ago and that thing is awesome. They are new in the game but they know how to make a quality product.
                2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  We have a white GE side by side that's 8 years old and the defroster heating element has now been replaced twice. The latest version of this part is a dual element unit, and though it's relatively easy to replace it could get expensive for someone who needed an appliance repair shop to install it.
                  And here is the crux of our problem. We had our GE s/s under warranty and they replaced everything, 3 times, and we're still having issues. Now, the manufacturer refuses to replace the board/sensors under warranty and now I have to pay for them. I can, they are available to the public, but that means replacing them at least 1 time a year. Or, have a refer that quits cooling the food due to ice build up. Fuck GE.

Edit: Is it a model # gss22wgmd by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    And here is the crux of our problem. We had our GE s/s under warranty and they replaced everything, 3 times, and we're still having issues. Now, the manufacturer refuses to replace the board/sensors under warranty and now I have to pay for them. I can, they are available to the public, but that means replacing them at least 1 time a year. Or, have a refer that quits cooling the food due to ice build up. Fuck GE.

Is it a model # gss22wgmd by any chance?

That's what made me have to replace the heater element.

It's very close to that model number. The GSS22W part of the model number is the same, but the last three are a little different as I recall. I'll look later.

Comment

Bosch..
                      07 GT500
                      05 SRT10
                      88 turbocoupe T-bird
                      93 Cobra
                      86 coupe
                      Ducati 848

Comment

Had my samsung going on 4 years now with no problems.
                        It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Bosch is great... but expensive. The best generic manufacturer I've had luck with his Whirlpool. Almost every Frigidaire I've had fucked me - they kept working but none of the features worked for more than a few years - ice maker/water/etc.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                            I love my Samsung.
                            Ditto. Wife and I got a stainless Samsung about 5-6 years ago and it's been a tank. Seems to be very well built.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Someone jump in if you know, but I think there are only 2 manufacturers left in the US making appliance. I think the same people make Whirlpool, Kenmore, and like 4 or 5 other brands.

We had Whirlpool stuff from the time we got married in 98. When we moved in 2010, we bought new stuff -- Whirlpool. The other still worked, but we gave it away to friends who needed it. I couldn't be happier. We have the side by side with the freezer drawer underneath.

Comment

Working...
                              X