Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cheap canopy?

Best place to get one? Academy? Costco?

The decent ones I see online are $100+ and the walls are sold separately. I hear about them for $80 with a wall, but I'm not finding that kind of deal. 10x10 should do it.

Recommendations?

If you want one that will stand up to the wind get this one. Just look at the construction on the frames and it is clear why this one is much better than those cheaper blue ones.

Comment

Two words that don't go together, good and cheap.

Comment

i have one you can borrow. its 10x10 i think it only came with 2 sides. bought it from academy. lemme know. i can bring to back 9 this eve if that would help ya.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i have one you can borrow. its 10x10 i think it only came with 2 sides. bought it from academy. lemme know. i can bring to back 9 this eve if that would help ya.

god bless.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. However, I'm looking to pick one up for myself. Do you know what you gave for yours?

Comment

Academy has 12' x 12' for $59 currently, though not with sides. If you do find a decent deal post up, I am looking for one also.

Comment

Mine was $100 and still didn't stand up to the wind very well. My buddy spent about $160 on his, held up to strong wind and also had lights inside.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                Academy has 12' x 12' for $59 currently, though not with sides. If you do find a decent deal post up, I am looking for one also.
                Thanks. I'll go check out Academy. I just need one with the straight legs and holes in the feet and leads to stake it down. For that price, I could buy sides separately or just use a tarp.

A buddy has a nice Dallas Cowboys one that came with a side, and he says he got it at Costco for $80, but I couldn't find that deal online. It held up nicely to wind and rain a couple of weekends ago.

Comment

I purchased a Quick Shade brand from Academy a few years back... it held up good until it rained and the water made the top sag and eventually the weight broke some of the plastic hinge joints. Ordered new joints on-line and have been a little more careful since.

Otherwise it's been OK... an EZ-Up or one of the commercial version would have been a better choice. but significantly more $$.

mardyn

Comment

I have a canopy if anyone needs it. I was out at underground mx riding and a big wind folded mine up and bent the frame.

I bought it last year at dicks for 69.99 10x10. It was good quality, I just didn't tie it down that day.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Damn thats a good deal if it's decent quality, I may go pick one up.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

The cheap ones suck. Make sure you get one with good hinges and reenforced padding on the tie down areas.
                        WRX

Comment

I got the 10x10 from walmart once for 80-90 I think. It HOLDS UP to the wind, but you have to tie/weight it down of course. I only use mine 2-3 times a year though.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                          X