Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No thread about the motorcyclist shot by DPS trooper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Doubtful...prolly have some holes in my window as he dove for cover firing randomly toward the car....maybe I would be dead...maybe not...(I keep a 9mm with hollowpoints right beside me in my car normally and I'm a pretty good shot) on my bike I don't have the luxury of having a handgun that accessible, but eventually it would make it to court and assuming I had a camera recording the same situation just shown on the guys helmet cam...the cop would have been charged with attempted murder because he failed to announce himself as a police officer before drawing his weapon and creating a very bad situation in the first place. Last time I got stopped for speeding by a state trooper ON MY BIKE...with SEVERAL DFWstangs members present...the Trooper never drew his weapon. You would last about 1 week on a police force.
    Man, you're such a bad ass. (and full of shit)
    Did you train chuck norris? You should be cast for the Expendables sequels.

And more than likely, the camera would have "disappeared." We all know that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Man, you're such a bad ass. (and full of shit)
      Did you train chuck norris? You should be cast for the Expendables sequels.

And more than likely, the camera would have "disappeared." We all know that.
      I'm not a badass...not by any means. Not full of shit though. I met Chuck Norris at a karate tournament when I was 15. He's actually a pretty nice guy. That doesn't make what that cop did acceptable or legal. From the video it looked like there might have been a few witnesses. If the video did "disappear"...I'm sure that would have created an even bigger problem considering there was also a marked Police car with a dashcam BEHIND the bike. Why are you defending this officers actions? Did someone on a bike piss you off? The guy in the artice I posted the link to at some point assaulted a DPS trooper...I'm sure theres a video supporting his shooting that will surface eventually. This guy did NOTHING to warrant a gun being drawn on him...in fact given the lack of traffic on the video I'm sure he could have easily vanished on that bike had he decided to do so. There was no chase, he wasn't trying to evade anyone. Why do you feel this cop needed to draw his gun on a motorcyclist who was sitting still at a stop sign without first displaying a badge? How would you feel if you were breaking the speed limit and someone pulled up beside you at the freeway exit and jumped out of their car holding a gun in their hand screaming "get out of your car" or "get off your bike"? I'm betting you would think you were about to be carjacked or robbed at gunpoint.

Comment

Clearly Magnus has a way better head on his shoulders than anyone here.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          In the state of Texas and I'm sure in most others...CHL or not...if a handgun becomes visible for whatever reason (wind blows the shirt up, bending over to pick up something and it becomes visible, etc) the laws as currently written call it aggravated assault with a deadly weapon....the law doesn't say its ok for any OFF-DUTY or plain-clothes officer to violate the law unless he/she is protecting the life of himself or someone else being threatened. Cops must abide by the law too. Jumping out of his unmarked car with his BADGE clearly displayed in his hand would have instantly gotten the point across...but NO...billy baddass had to jump out with his Glock in his hand...with no flashing lights on his car or badge displayed. Suppose I raced a car down the freeway in my Trans Am, took an exit and then a random guy pulls up beside me at the stop sign...and jumps out with a gun in his hand? I'm thinking car jacking. There just MIGHT be a shootout...because I WILL draw my gun. Any motherfucker can run around screaming I'm a cop...and there have been numerous cases lately of guys driving around just Dallas alone impersonating a police officer robbing people, shooting at people, and raping women. That cop went WAY over the line by drawing his weapon and he SHOULD be charged appropriately for it.
          Fail.

Just making a weapon visible is NOT Aggravated Assault.

Check out Penal Code 22.01

Comment

lol. You guys were seriously arguing about this from midnight until 4 in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              lol. You guys were seriously arguing about this from midnight until 4 in the morning?
              Fortunately no one drew a weapon...or maybe that was unfortunate for us.

Comment

Reckless driving is a criminal offense in the state of Maryland therefore the offender can be treated as such.
                Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                Sounds like magnus is the dumb.
                Crazy talk! Careful! You'll really be shown up and put on ignore!

Comment

I really like the cherry-picking and mix-matching of the laws in here...

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Sure why not?

Comment

Nothing else to do while i'm waiting for ME3 to download and install.
                      sigpic

Comment

ftM

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          He probably had a tucked plate.
                          No he probably was flashing his lights and Osiris called him in

Comment

Working...
                          X