Any auto painters on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Sounds easy enough. What's a decent easy to shoot primer? I need to get some dings and rust out of my hood and some metal work here and there. I don't have an inline filter or drier on my compressor... I was thinking it might be a better idea to pay someone to use a booth to shoot it then to try and convert my compressor to be half as good as a proper booth. My local paint shop recommends Matrix paints. The last paint I did was PPG base and 2002 clear.
    You can buy inline ball filters and this usually helps, especially if your not shooting in a very humid day. Primer is easy, just be sure to give several minutes flash time in-between coats* and let the primer dry at least over night before guide coat and flat blocking.
    *2 coats for P-180 grit or 4 over P-80 grit.
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    So he really is messican?
    Shut up, I'm Hawaiian!

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    no wonder he hates cops so much..
    Not all cops, just the Plano Police Dept. and Matt (03truebluballs)...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Most basecoat colors these days are blendable. And yes you wetsand with 1000/1200 grit on the adjacent panel*, I usually sand the entire panel like this and shoot a blend about 25% of the panel and than re-clear the entire panel.

*Or you can use a 3M grey scotch pad and use water/ScuffnStuff in place of wet sandpaper.
      ^^^This!

Comment

Working...
      X