Any auto painters on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any auto painters on the board?

I'm going to need to do some painting on my jeep soon, and I remember there being a thread where a few generous painters offered up their booths. Honestly, I just need to bounce a few questions off some experienced painters and I'd love to get some tips before I tackle my little project.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

isn't mark preus or whatever a painter?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      I'm going to need to do some painting on my jeep soon, and I remember there being a thread where a few generous painters offered up their booths. Honestly, I just need to bounce a few questions off some experienced painters and I'd love to get some tips before I tackle my little project.
      Henry aka Rick Modena
      2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
      Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
      Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
      Speedlogix Catch Can
      Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
        Henry aka Rick Modena
        Henry is a painter?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Henry is a painter?
          From everything I see, yes.

Comment

sheeeit

Comment

Henry is a painter?
              Yup, for the better part of 12 years that "I" know of.
              2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
              Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
              Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
              Speedlogix Catch Can
              Resonator Delete

Comment

I've never done blending between panels, and I'm not exactly sure how that's done. Do you wet sand the panel and blend into it, then reclear?

Comment

Interested as well. I have damage on the very rear of my fender and need to sand, fill, and then paint & re-clear but how do you get it to match the rest of the paint without blend lines?

Comment

I've never done blending between panels, and I'm not exactly sure how that's done. Do you wet sand the panel and blend into it, then reclear?
                    Pretty much.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I could explain, but not in writing, call me at the shop if anyone needs advice.

Comment

Most basecoat colors these days are blendable. And yes you wetsand with 1000/1200 grit on the adjacent panel*, I usually sand the entire panel like this and shoot a blend about 25% of the panel and than re-clear the entire panel.

*Or you can use a 3M grey scotch pad and use water/ScuffnStuff in place of wet sandpaper.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Most basecoat colors these days are blendable. And yes you wetsand with 1000/1200 grit on the adjacent panel*, I usually sand the entire panel like this and shoot a blend about 25% of the panel and than re-clear the entire panel.

*Or you can use a 3M grey scotch pad and use water/ScuffnStuff in place of wet sandpaper.
                          Sounds easy enough. What's a decent easy to shoot primer? I need to get some dings and rust out of my hood and some metal work here and there. I don't have an inline filter or drier on my compressor... I was thinking it might be a better idea to pay someone to use a booth to shoot it then to try and convert my compressor to be half as good as a proper booth. My local paint shop recommends Matrix paints. The last paint I did was PPG base and 2002 clear.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            From everything I see, yes.
                            So he really is messican?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              So he really is messican?
                              no wonder he hates cops so much..

Comment

Working...
                              X