Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people crazy?

I know, cool story bro.

But seriously, I like to browse cars for sell when I am bored and it never ceases to amaze me how people will downplay all the crap that is wrong with their car while simultaneously not adjusting the price whatsoever.

For example:

Well times are changing in my life and it's time to move on, I have my hardtop 1999 Camaro Z28 for sale. It has been used as a daily driver for the past 3 years so please understand that the outside has it's fair share of wear as it is 13 years old. I've put a lot of time and money into it, I have over $9,000 worth of receipts for the next owner. Here's a little background of the car, I purchased it from Ceissus 3 years ago about to be 4 in a couple of months and it was originally a cam only (MS4) car that made 418 rwhp, after about a year of that it broke a valvespring and dropped a valve on the way home from Galveston one evening, I ended up trashing the whole motor and had it towed to G-Force where it received a brand new crate LS6 where it put down just at 400 rwhp and 390 rwtq, It had a warranty but it just expired a couple of months ago I believe, I'll have to go check the paperwork tomorrow but fairly certain it isn't under warranty anymore. The car also has a Cartek clutch, It still grabs nicely, but it isn't meant to be a slipped daily so it has formed a glaze over it, it squeals upon disengagement and when cold makes almost a grinding noise but G-Force even verified with me when they had everything apart that everything on the clutch was still in proper tolerances so I never thought anything of it. It has a newer 10 built with 3.42's out back because I took it to the track where I made one pass (12.4) with a TERRIBLE 60' and broke it out of the hole the next. It has NOT been anywhere near the track since the new motor was put in, I repeat, the car has NOT been beat on. It also has a UMI torque arm relocation mount because the stock one was such a pain and kept coming out that I got tired of dealing with it, that itself isn't even a month old. It has brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors and pads on all four corners which aren't even 6 months old yet. The interior of this car is in very good shape, I armorall it every other week and the dash has NO cracks in it what so ever. For exhaust it has pacesetter longtubes into an LMR TD setup with xr-1's, I honestly have yet to find a TD setup that sounds better than this. The A/C has recently started giving me trouble again, and wont hold freon for very long (needs to be filled every 2-3 months) and the compressor itself has started squeaking to the point where I just took the belt off. Basically the only downsides to the car are the paint and A/C, everything else is brand new basically. I'm looking to sell to get into a beater honda and finally start my ls1/t56 sn95 project. The car drives perfectly and gets around 20mpg in he city and 30+ on the freeway (3.42's ftw ). I'm looking to get around $9500 OBO for it. Not looking for any trades. I'll upload better pics when the weather get's a little better but these will do for now.
    So let me get this straight, a 13 year old cloth 6 speed f-body w/unknown mileage (assume high since it is his daily), with a chattering clutch, a ticking time bomb of a rear end, a bunk a/c compressor, a refrigerant leak, bad paint, probably no engine warranty, for 9500 bucks?

I see this over and over, do people really not understand they have to reduce the price if they are not going to fix the problems?

Sucker born every minute
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

"There is a sucker born everyday."

Or:

"One mans trash is another mans treasure"

Comment

Some idiot will probably buy it though. Unless someone who isn't an idiot lets this guy know that he's crazy for asking that much.

Comment

Seems like a SEB car.
          2006 Civic SI
          2009 Pilot
          1988 GT
          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

but its a ls1!

Comment

Working...
            X