Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Jeep Tech!!!

I need to talk about a cel code I just got. P1494

Check any and all vacuum lines on the intake manifold and throttle body. Make sure they are first all connected or look frayed or cracked.

Comment

Yep, loose, cracked or disconnected vac lines on the TB, found one the other day. Jeep what BTW?

Comment

It's a Grand Cherokee. Thanks I'll take a look as soon as the wife gets it back home.

Comment

checked them all they all looked good. Pulled on them and none moved. I'll zip tie them tomorrow and then go clear the code. I guess if nothing is happening then it's replace the FDP.

Comment

zip tieing is a good step. if not then, it will most likely be a bad LD pump or solenoid. this is common after enough abuse and mileage.

Comment

The damn thing only 210,000 miles. This is the first problem I have had with it.

Comment

Do we have any Jeep techs on the board? I need to program a new key fob and I refuse to fork over $50 for a few minutes of work.

Comment

Now who has the hook up on Jeep parts. The local dealer wants $140.00 for that damn little part.

Comment

All I can suggest is a Pick 'N Pull salvage. Or peruse some of the Jeep forums and check out their classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                    X