Hows Work Goin for Ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows Work Goin for Ya?

The last 3 years have been absolute terrible, with this past year being the worst. We had been hanging by a thread just wondering how much longer we would last.

But...the past few months have been great and we are now booked 8/9 weeks. We haven't been booked for more that 4 weeks in 2 maybe almost 3 years. All my friends in the other trades are reporting the same thing. Even the paint store had to hire in new help.

God I hope this lasts.
    Photobucket

Been pretty steady for the last 6 years, and though we have a few days or weeks when it slows down, for the most part it isn't going to stop for another 5 years or so

Comment

Im getting burned out at TXDOT... Id honestly probly look into something else but with prego wife insurance is keeping me hooked.

Apparently the Ft Worth area maint. office is the most under paid in the state and one with least raises... Go figure its the one im at

Comment

One of the best years yet... Best of luck to those who can't say the same.

Comment

Last year my store had the biggest year in its 18 year history. Times are tough, people are working on their cars and keeping them. More money for me. Stock hit an all time high again yesterday, so it isn't just limited to my store.

Comment

Doing great.

I passed my 20 year mark and can retire in less than 5, but will hang on for a full 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Doing great.

I passed my 20 year mark and can retire in less than 5, but will hang on for a full 30 years.
              Come on you pussy. You can get 40. My mom got 39 at DPD before calling it last September. She would have kept going had Brown not been such a joke.

Comment

Really busy and lots of OT

Comment

I'm hoping that what you guys are saying is true, as I picked this year to start trying to grow my business in earnest. Right now hoping the word of mouth starts spreading and that it takes off.

That said, will be in Denton M-W next week if you want to buy lunch Wayne. Have a decent job to do close to the university.. 8)
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I'm busy as well.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I was layed off Dec. 2008 after 11 years with that company. Got a new job March 2009, the initial pay was $3000/year less than my old job.

I've done well & been promoted, plus getting good commisions....now I make $20,000/year more than I did at my old job in 2008!

Comment

I could always be selling more houses...always

Comment

Going steadily downhill! Profiting every quarter, but employees are the ones suffering!
                          Ded

Comment

I can't really say , in my shop the turnover at the front counter and low quality of service advisors we've had have destroyed my paychecks . On the bright side they are salary ( chump change ) and ok with it . I hope it gets better or I get a chance to get out .
                            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

People are always wrecking cars and there are always natural disasters.
                              Originally posted by Aldo Raine
                              And cousin, business is a-boomin'

Comment

Working...
                              X