Hows Work Goin for Ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    Busy as shit and working every 12 to 14hrs. I actually wish it would slow down some so they would lay off some of the new folks. I'm tired of working with guys that have been there 2 months and act like they know everything. It would also be nice to get a closer parking spot.
    Wow I feel for you wife

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      No, they are saying ALL of the 80's (so approx. 9 years) THEN 2008-2010 (2 years) so a total of about 11 years.
      Originally posted by Leah View Post
      Well, 30 years ago would be 1982 so your statement isn't quite accurate, either.
      My post clearly said 20-30 years. I took it as he was using "80's" as a general quick answer to my question, but not necessarily was that entire 10 year period "not good". On the other hand, you said that time period was 11 years, as in 11 years between 1990 to 2012, minus 2008 to 2010. That is not 11 years. Don't try to turn it around on me. I'm not the one who can't subtract.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        My post clearly said 20-30 years. I took it as he was using "80's" as a general quick answer to my question, but not necessarily was that entire 10 year period "not good". On the other hand, you said that time period was 11 years, as in 11 years between 1990 to 2012, minus 2008 to 2010. That is not 11 years. Don't try to turn it around on me. I'm not the one who can't subtract.
        11 years is the sum of 9 bad years in the '80s and 2 bad years from 2008-2010.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          Go for that CCNE...lol
          do you mean CCNA or CCIE? I've actually been studying for the CCNA but can't seem to keep at it long enough to make a difference. I mean, I'm learning the material but actually being fast enough for the exam is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            That has to be one of the most selfish posts I've read in a long time.
            LOL I'm sure you work graveyard shift just so the rookies can have afternoons or even a daylight shift....

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
              LOL I'm sure you work graveyard shift just so the rookies can have afternoons or even a daylight shift....
              That's a fair comparison to wishing for a massive layoff so you can get a better parking spot.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                So 2 out of the past 20-30 years? Doesn't sound like business has been bad, even at its worst.
                Not really. 80's were junk as in banks going under all over town bad, early 90's were decent, late 90's were lean into the early 2000's then it picked up pretty good until 08 and now it is going crazy again. For example in 08 we went from turning down work at the beginning of the year because we were so busy to crews sitting around with 0 to do by December.

Comment

work is good but I'm 21 and no debt so I don't give a fuck !
                  Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                  03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Losing our Airplanes, budget cuts, reduction in personal ect. Guess It's time to get off the goverment tit.
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Gratefully, in the 7 months I was there I saved up roughly 3.5 months of salary at 100% living. I've already began cutting expenses, so we shall see what happens.
                      Eerily similar story to mine. I'm enjoying my second week of freedom. I knew after the first week the job wasn't long term.

Comment

Doing great right now. Got a promotion 2 months ago and once I get out of training (late may) I will be happy. Same salary as te total comp i was making in my last role, and if I bonus at the end of the year then it's gravy.

Luck as been on my side so far, but I am.paying off the house in 4 yrs and padding my savings as much as I can cause nothing lasts forever...

Comment

Originally posted by lone sailor View Post
                          my post clearly said 20-30 years. I took it as he was using "80's" as a general quick answer to my question, but not necessarily was that entire 10 year period "not good". On the other hand, you said that time period was 11 years, as in 11 years between 1990 to 2012, minus 2008 to 2010. That is not 11 years. Don't try to turn it around on me. I'm not the one who can't subtract.
                          Originally posted by nash b. View Post
                          11 years is the sum of 9 bad years in the '80s and 2 bad years from 2008-2010.
                          ha!
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Either way, we are doing good now LMAO
                            See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                              Just pointed out the hypocrisy. He thinks he should be paid more because the company mmakes a profit but he's the first to complain about other people wanting more.
                              You have no idea and I'm not going to bother explaining it to you. I never said that I need to be paid more, I do just fine. Although it would be nice. I have other ethical issues with the company right now.

And when you say "other people" are you talking about my CEO who had to give up his g5 for a g4 during the t.a.r.p repayment issue.

I'm amazed at the things you deduced from my post, lol.

Fuck off.
                              Last edited by VaderTT; 03-07-2012, 03:44 PM.
                              Ded

Comment

Either it's busier than usual or I'm more unorganized than I think. I have a couple of huge cases ($1MM+) and a steady flow of smaller ones. The legal profession hasn't been too great the last 4-5 years, but it seems to be slowly rebounding.

Comment

Working...
                                X