No announcement yet.

New gas coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It fucking retarded, just add this to the corn subsidies that are already out there. We reduce oil consumption only to increase fresh water usage, and fertilizer/pesticides being dumped into our rivers. There are already giant dead zones that develop in the Gulf from all the fertilizer washed out through the Mississippi.

Comment

[QUOTE=71chevellejohn;616391]http://www.gm.com/content/gmcom/home...verado.gm.html[/ I wonder what kind of power u can make with 130 octane fuel and a turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        We'll if they are reducing foreign oil by 5% (10% current, as opposed to 15% expected), then we'll be using even more foreign oil if it decreases mileage by 10%. What kind of fucking imbecile came up with this idea?
        Reminds me of the daylight savings quote-

Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Will the E10 still be available? SO are all 2001 and older cars, trucks, lawnmowers, tractors suddenly going to develop serious crippling problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Will the E10 still be available? SO are all 2001 and older cars, trucks, lawnmowers, tractors suddenly going to develop serious crippling problems?
            yes

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
              I just bought a 93 LX with an Aeromotive A1000 fuel system to include the stainless braided rubber lines. I get it home and put it in the garage and the next morning the fuel odor inside the garage is enough to water my eyes. I look for a leak and find nothing and figure out that the smell is coming from the lines themselves. I did some research and it's apparently common with "new" gas and people are switching to Teflon (PTFE) line$ and fitting$ to solve the odor problem. I figured I'll end up doing the same.

We have both E10 and "real" gas here. As I was topping the tank off with real gas last night, it dawned on me that maybe the guy I bought it from had used E10 to fill up before he sold it? Sure enough, that must have been what he did. I'm running roughly a 60/40 mix of real gas to E10 now and the difference in odor is like night and day. I was shocked that 10% ethanol would have that big of an effect. So, definitely avoid the E10-E15 if you have rubber lines...
              Steel braided lines make the garage stink no matter what fuel you use.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                A company selling E15 to fuel any of the cars listed will be against federal law, so I am sure E10 will still be sold.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                X