Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gas coming...

Just a heads up...

starting this summer we will start seeing E15 gas at pumps in the area.
    This is 85% gas and 15% alcohol.
    It will be marked at the pump as E15 (as opposed to the E10 we have now)

The logic is that it will:
    1: lower our dependence on foreign oil;
    2: lower HC and CO tailpipe emissions (apparently they forgot that many manufacturers already have "Near Zero Emission" vehicles)

If you have a newer car, you can run it with minimal noticeable change in your engine... they say to expect about 10% less MPG, but about the same HP output.

If you have a 2001 and older car - DO NOT USE IT!
    The increased alcohol is damaging to rubber parts in the fuel system.

Do NOT use it in your lawn mower, edger, boat motor.... etc... It will actually damage not only the fuel system (carb, pump, etc) but can actually damage the fuel tank itself.

And, just as a FWIW... they are claiming that the new gas will probably increase engine wear by around 15% over the life of the car since the alcohol will break down the residual oil and alcohol has no lubricating properties.

Aint our Govt great when they are "looking out for us"??

Awesome! Can't wait to spend even more for less!
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

F----- Shit

I would not put that stuff in any small engine or motorcycle.....

E10 really doesn't work all that well, and after a couple weeks, you can tell the ATV runs like shit.....

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.
      sigpic
      "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
      through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
      We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
      my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Quality of life now just flat out sucks compaired to 15 years ago.

Comment

now there's a concept... lets change the fuel so we aren't using foriegn oils, but just to help the automakers lets make sure we are hurting what the gas goes into that way people have to buy move cars and pay for more repairs..

oh and yea we will use less foreign oils... but you will get worse fuel mileage.. which means you will user more fuel which probably means we are still going to use the same about of foreign oils..

seems like a logical solution to me.

OR... we could drill and use our own oil and solve everthing at once with out hurting our cars...
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Less miles per gallon = we'll use more to go the same distance. What a plan. This is all to help our dependency on foreign oil, not another tactic to increase profits, yeah I'm buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
              Quality of life now just flat out sucks compaired to 15 years ago.
              Hell I'd say even compared to 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                now there's a concept... lets change the fuel so we aren't using foriegn oils, but just to help the automakers lets make sure we are hurting what the gas goes into that way people have to buy move cars and pay for more repairs..

oh and yea we will use less foreign oils... but you will get worse fuel mileage.. which means you will user more fuel which probably means we are still going to use the same about of foreign oils..

seems like a logical solution to me.

OR... we could drill and use our own oil and solve everthing at once with out hurting our cars...
                We'll if they are reducing foreign oil by 5% (10% current, as opposed to 15% expected), then we'll be using even more foreign oil if it decreases mileage by 10%. What kind of fucking imbecile came up with this idea?
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

When I had the 2010 Raptor with the 6.2L it said on the gas cap not to use the 15%.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    We'll if they are reducing foreign oil by 5% (10% current, as opposed to 15% expected), then we'll be using even more foreign oil if it decreases mileage by 10%. What kind of fucking imbecile came up with this idea?

Comment

Bring back 100 octane to the pumps

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        What kind of fucking imbecile came up with this idea?
                        Based off statements made during his first campaign in which he flat out said that he wanted higher gas prices....

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

will this replace all the pumps? or will this be in addition to what it already there?

Comment

Don't buy gas next Wednesday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                              will this replace all the pumps? or will this be in addition to what it already there?
                              It will be an option for stations to carry E15.

Comment

Working...
                              X