Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for a service-based startup business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for a service-based startup business?

Alright, after this last set of regional meetings I am determined that working in corporate america at times can be the biggest waste of talent/ability/etc. I just do not understand the direction some companies go, and the time/money they waste on directives. But anyway, it did spur our lunch conversation friday into what we all would do on our own if given the chance.

That being said, if you could start a small business, that offered a service, what would you start? (Say capital of $50,000 or less)

I would recommend trying to get in the HVAC business.

Rick

Comment

yea, I can see how they are in demand year around, not a bad idea to research that industry.

Comment

hooker and blow delivery

Comment

AFFORDABLE computer repair and maintenance. 99% of the companies out waaaaay over charge for what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            AFFORDABLE computer repair and maintenance. 99% of the companies out waaaaay over charge for what they do.
            i think you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Does it really pay good? I never had anybody work on my shit, been into computers since dos and windows 3.1.
              sigpic
              1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
              1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

Texas now requires that people who repair computers have a PI license.
                An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe81 View Post
                  Does it really pay good? I never had anybody work on my shit, been into computers since dos and windows 3.1.
                  Good pay is subjective. I do it for extra cash to supplement mine and my wife's "day jobs", so anything I make is good enough for me.

I don't quote prices, all I ask for the person to pay "what it's worth to them" so they feel they got THE best value for their money.

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                  Texas now requires that people who repair computers have a PI license.
                  Only if you're doing forensic work.

Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-13-2010, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Save more money. You can get into a good franchise starting around $100k. Also, slugging it out now will help you appreciate the freedom later.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Save more money. You can get into a good franchise starting around $100k. Also, slugging it out now will help you appreciate the freedom later.
                      This. ^

The only way I'd do it is with a proven concept like a franchise.

CiCi's Pizza
                      Jasons Deli
                      Subway (overdone tho)
                      Papa Murphys (shit is good too)

There are others not in the food industry but those are the ones Im familiar with.

Comment

jasons deli for sure everytime i drive by one at lunch their a line out the door

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                          This. ^

The only way I'd do it is with a proven concept like a franchise.

CiCi's Pizza
                          Jasons Deli
                          Subway (overdone tho)
                          Papa Murphys (shit is good too)

There are others not in the food industry but those are the ones Im familiar with.
                          A lot of these have crazy amounts required in the net worth category, along with $100k+ in liquid cash.

Comment

To the OP, I'll sell you a tow company!

Oh and if you are looking to do a chain restaurant, then my vote is for Jersey Mike's! You better put it in Arlington though!!!!
                            Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                            http://www.titantowing.net
                            -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Letting go of a 100K would be hard as hell...especially since it probably didn't come by easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X